$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
$30.00
Laura Fein
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Here are some reasons to go to the Courtyard Marriot in Andover next weekend. (any time from Thursday at 6pm until Sunday at 6 pm running 24 hours a day.)

There will be a Board Game Marathon for Charity. Free Admission. Benefitting Boston's Childrens Hospital. How fun is that?

There will be free food and beverages throughout the weekend, including Free Pizza n Salad from Bertuccis on Saturday. YES FREE PIZZA!!!

There will be chances to win Board Games just for playing board games!!

There will be balloons...who doesnt love balloons!?

Free T Shirts just for participating!!!

Raffle with some great prizes...first two chances are free just for playing 1 game!!

The entire event will be streamed online.

So please consider joining the fun!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sprkly wrote:
There will be a Board Game Marathon for Charity. Free Admission. Benefitting Boston's Childrens Hospital. How fun is that?

There will be free food and beverages throughout the weekend, including Free Pizza n Salad from Bertuccis on Saturday. YES FREE PIZZA!!!

if anyone else is curious how free admission and free food/drinks helps the charity...

http://www.extra-life.org/

basically you should register and get your friends/family to sponsor you.... default fundraising goal is $100 per participant... though if you raise less you do not have to make up the difference. You can also have a "team" instead of individual goal.

Sounds like a fun way to raise money, though I'm unlikely to be able to make it myself.

Should also note that this is a national event... and even other participating children's hospitals in the Northeast (ME, CT, etc)... though I can't seem to find a complete list of event locations...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Fein
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks Jeff!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wells
United States
Haverhill
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I plan to attend. Do we play what is there or bring games?

If the latter, we would probably bring:
Terraforming Mars
Mechs vs Minions
and maybe a few other games that are "marathon friendly".

But having never done this before, maybe the games are already determined or they should be light games such as King of Tokyo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.