There can be only one!
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
Two separate questions for you.

1) If Jack if sandwiched between the police with no special movements left can he "not move" on his turn or is he essentially caught even though the police are not sure of his whereabouts and do not accuse?

2) On the 4th night when the white tokens are flipped to see Jack's one and only potential victim (out of the 4 white tokens) - what would be the point to delay the murder? Seems like Jack pretty much needs to murder immediately?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
EasyBreezy wrote:
Hi guys,

1) If Jack if sandwiched between the police with no special movements left can he "not move" on his turn or is he essentially caught even though the police are not sure of his whereabouts and do not accuse?

Jack must move. See Page 15.

Quote:
2) On the 4th night when the white tokens are flipped to see Jack's one and only potential victim (out of the 4 white tokens) - what would be the point to delay the murder? Seems like Jack pretty much needs to murder immediately?

It depends on the positioning of the Policemen pawns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

EasyBreezy wrote:

If Jack can't make a valid move at any given time, he loses the game.

EasyBreezy wrote:

Waiting means 3 things:
- extra movement turns for Jack;
- the Police may move him closer to his goal, making his life easier (if he's lucky);
- he gets to flip a patrol token face-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There can be only one!
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Umina
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
EasyBreezy wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks

1 - As stated above - if Jack can make no legal moves then the game is over. There is always the possibility of using a coach or lantern token in a tight situation but neither can be your final move to your hideout space.

2- The way my group plays - on the 4th night you can only "wait" for one round since the time of the crime marker only goes to V. This can work to your advantage if you've successfully thrown the investigators for a loop on where your hideout is and they end up moving the wretched closer to your hideout rather than further away. It all comes down to Jack's movement strategy and the players ability to think two steps ahead of the investigators.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alucard1978 wrote:
1 - As stated above - if Jack can make no legal moves then the game is over. There is always the possibility of using a coach or lantern token in a tight situation but neither can be your final move to your hideout space.

I may have cheated then. I kept flipping back through the book for any rule preventing me from ending with a special token. The closest I came was interpreting that the first move of a coach could not be on the hideout since you must double-move.

But I swear I could not find the rule prohibiting this.

I'll have to let the investigators know they won after all, as I don't think I could have won otherwise. I also overlooked that investigators can search more than one adjacent circle as long until they find a clue, but we remedied that on the second night. That could have made a difference too, but I was super-sloppy anyway that first night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.