Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scales of Thoth: Gain +2 to all skills if your Health and Sanity are equal. Reckoning: Lose 1 Health and/or 1 Sanity.

What does the "and/or" mean? That the owner can choose, if he looses 1 Health or 1 Sanity, or both (but at least one of both)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes exactly that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. If you want to keep your health and sanity balanced so you can keep the +2 bonus from the scales, you can lose one of each. If you were already out of balance, or you didn't want to take as bad a hit, you can lose from either one or the other, but skip the both option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as to what else you thought the "and/or" could have meant. I'm interested in rules writing, so it would be good for me to know what kind of confusion a phrase like this might cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Pilch
msg tools
I am curious when you perform the rest action, can you choose which (sanity/health) recover or you just have to recover both? Did not find the answer so far, but the Scales of Thoth created that situation. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pilchowski wrote:
I am curious when you perform the rest action, can you choose which (sanity/health) recover or you just have to recover both? Did not find the answer so far, but the Scales of Thoth created that situation. Thank you.

You have to recover both if you can. The rulebook on Page 7, under the "Rest Action" heading says, "The investigator recovers 1 Health and 1 Sanity." There is no indication that an investigator can choose not to recover Health and/or Sanity when they choose to do the Rest action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.