BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Witch one to buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looking for another great game that i Can play with my GF. I have my eyes on Roll for the Galaxy and Stone age but cannot decide witch one to buy first.

Other game request Are welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan G
msg tools
Im wanting stone age as well! I've downloaded it on my phone in the mean time, as it is out of print currently I believe you will be stuck with inflated prices till a reprint. Apparently there is one in the works, but without a defined date.

Roll for the galaxy is fun, I've played a few times with friends. Seems like it has a lot of replay value but I havent played with two.

My wife currently loves Evolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In Denmark all the stores have Stone age in Stock so thats not a problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it depends on your girlfriends. In general, not many of them seem to be excited about space and starships.

If you like dice, you maybe want to take a look at Quarriors!? It's quite a bit easier than Roll for the Galaxy and has tons of custom dice.

The game that my wife and I love most for playing together is San Juan (second edition).

7 Wonders Duel also is a fantastic game... but both are card games. No dice included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dummiz wrote:
In Denmark all the stores have Stone age in Stock so thats not a problem

Therefore I would get Stone Age. Roll for the Galaxy is ok if you have played games with a lot of procedure and icons and cards with a lot of effects before. A lot of people, however, don't want that much complexity in a game. I think Stone Age is a safer bet. And for what it is worth, I have played Stone Age many many times (several hundred), and still enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
7 wonders duel is on my wish list to im afraid that Quarriors not my kind of game. I have tryed dice Masters and i Think all the Reading on the cards Are no go for me and Quarriors Are just the same AS dice Masters Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are your favorite games to play together currently? What do you like about those games?

Stone Age is a fun game that my husband and I enjoy playing together. I haven't played Roll for the Galaxy.

Our favorite game is Agricola, but it's not for everyone. It's worker placement, but more complex than Stone Age. Perhaps one to look into after Stone Age.

We also enjoy games like Dominion, Seeland, Jambo/Asante, Battle Line, Village and Glass Road, among others.

I could list more...but I guess it depends on what you're looking for when it comes to complexity, feel of game play, preferences, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmm. I Like to play carcassonne and she is crazy about Splendor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll for the Galaxy is the better of the two, in my opinion. But it boils down to what you want. RftG is a great game if you love rolling lots of dice and manipulating those dice. It's also great if you want a different setup every time and diverse strategies. Also, I find this game is a lot of fun with two players.

Stone Age is a bit more "samey". There is some diversity and some new strategies to explore, but I find it gets older quicker. It is also a more laid back game and more of a worker placement than a dice game. So it's really about what you want. Both are good games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also suggest taking a look at these, all great 2-player games that are loads of fun crammed in a small-ish box.

Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small
Battle Line
Jaipur
Lost Cities
Omen: A Reign of War
The Rivals for Catan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Arrrgh... I could not decide what I should buy so i bought both games and Jaipur to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.