Dale King
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Just to be sure I am playing this right, does adding the railroad expansion board with the X2 space on the Nurnberg-Furth line cause my space 1 and space 2 spaces to be worth +4 points and +6 points insxtead of +2 and +3 points?

Does it mean that if I take a railroad expansion board with a space nine, 10 point end bonus, that it will instead be a 20 point bonus when I reach it with a black track?

I would also assume that gray, brown, and natural tracks would double in scored value as well, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Fawcett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
badge
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you - you can see that my grave is kept clean
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is like the Russian Railroads x2 space then I would imagine it does not do that. It would make it very powerful indeed since you would not have to do anything more to that track to earn the bonus. You will however earn the bonus for whatever coloured track you send down that line forcing you to choose what you do with your natural coloured bits of track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly it only double the tracks points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The x2 space only doubles the track points, not the points awarded with the stars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to just double the track points. From the base game rulebook:

RRR Rulebook, p.19 wrote:
Important note for this railroad: when a player reaches space 7 of this railroad with his gray rail and a locomotive, the value of all scored spaces on his St.Petersburg railroad are doubled.

[...]

The spaces on this (Kiev) railroad are scored like those on the other two railroads. The special spaces of the Kiev railroad are spaces 1 through 4 and space 8. A player that reaches theses spaces with
his black rail and a locomotive will also score the points noted in the stars.

So, the extra points are not attached to the "scored spaces". The tracks are just the precondition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Absolutely correct Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.