Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book isn't entirely clear what happens to an Attack card after the attack is successfully Defended.

Plr1 activates her Pirate. She rolls a 4. She points at Plr2. Plr2 activates his Barricade.

Plr1 can not re-use her Pirate, either to attack Plr2 nor to attack any other player, correct?

If so, then it seems that the defensive cards are way too powerful as compared to the attack cards.

Or am I doing it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
You're doing it right. Why is player 1 choosing to attack a player who has a Barricade? She should attack someone who can't defend. If all other players buy a Barricade she'll need another attack card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was part of the concern. In (for example) a 3-plr game, if plr 2 and plr 3 both have a Barricade (as we did in that game), then plr 1 needs 3 attack cards just to maybe get something in return... and worse, once plr 1 has deactivated the Barricades, then plr 2 gets a free shot at plr 3.

You're right, this made no sense when I went back and re-read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why would player 1 need three attack cards? If another player has just one defense card, two attack cards are fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hopkins
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
Why would player 1 need three attack cards? If another player has just one defense card, two attack cards are fine.

Multiple attack cards can be brutal. I've rushed to buy up all the attack cards before, and it can absolutely demolish the other players. It's really tough to get an engine going when one player is stealing all your dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the ultra aggressive set up in the rule book this weekend. Really not a fan of it. Barrier is way too OP. I don't think I'll ever play with it again. I was forced to only attack the one player who didn't have a barrier (until they got one) then there was no incentive for me to attack someone and take down their barrier so someone else could get the benefit. Big disappointment. I'll stick with the more engine building setups with maybe pirate and chain link fence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
There is no card called "Barrier." If you mean Barricade, you can easily attack someone with one if you have two (or more) attack cards, as discussed above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Baronio
Switzerland
Sorengo
Ticino
flag msg tools
mb
Hello, i have another question.

Player 1 has Pirate card 1.0 (to attack);
Player 2 has Chain Link Fence card 1.0 (to defend).

If player 1 roll 1 or 6 value the attack do not touch player 2?
in this case player 2 must roll the white die if the player 1 roll a 1 or a 6?

Thank's and excuse me for my english.

Bye bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Your English is fine.

The rule says that "an attack takes place when a 2-3-4-5 is rolled, this will trigger a Defensive card of the targeted opponent."

So no --
* If a Pirate 1.0 rolls a 1, the Pirate card is discarded, and the action is finished.
* If a Pirate 1.0 rolls a 6, the Pirate gains dice from the supply, and the action is finished.
* If a Pirate 1.0 rolls a 2-3-4-5, then the Chain Link Fence activates and the defender rolls a die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Baronio
Switzerland
Sorengo
Ticino
flag msg tools
mb
Thank'you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.