Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Lieske
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From another thread it is clear that during the combat segment, you can only activate a GZ once for combat. So even if you have multiple units in a GZ, there can only be one close combat. However there seem to be other situations where multiple units in a zone can have combat.

1) When there are artillery units, according to 7.8 multiple artillery units can fire in addition to doing a close combat. Is that correct?

2) During the reaction segment, if there are multiple units in a zone capable of reaction, they all can fight a combat if they are eligible for reaction fire or a reaction charge. For example, if a gendarme unit moved adjacent to a zone with two arquebusiers and one cuirassiers, both arquebusiers units could do reaction fire and the cuirassiers could do reaction charge against the gendarme unit (assuming all other conditions are met). Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PHILIPPE HARDY
France
LYON
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Steve,
Here are the answers :
1) No.
Combat consists of both close quarters combat (for infantry and cavalry units) and artillery combat (see 7.8).
When the phasing player selects an attacking GZ, he may have artillery units in this GZ fire in addition to close quarters combat for other units (an artillery unit can fire and provide support to the LA - infantry or cavalry - during the same combat).
2) Yes.
Each of the non-phasing player’s units can react only once per reaction segment. Each of the phasing player’s units can trigger several reactions during the same segment. Units that are in the same GZ can perform different reaction (reaction fire or charge-.

I hope that it will help you.
Thank you for supporting the game.
There will be an expansion in 2017 with 2 or 4 more battles.

Best
Philippe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good news! Looking forward to the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lieske
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Philippe. I got a chance to play the game at BottosCon and really enjoyed it. I hope to see more battles using this system in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Flood
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
Just playing the game - really enjoy the system. I do want to check that I am getting the artillery fire rules correct.

If I have two artillery units and one pike unit in an area and there is no enemy adjacent, but there are enemy units in range of the artillery, can both my artillery units fire? If so, do they have to fire at the same enemy area?

If enemy units moved into a zone next to my two artillery and one pike unit, in my combat turn, could the artillery unit (or units) fire on its own (first) and then support the pike unit if it attacks? Or is it the case that the artillery could only support the pike unit in an adjacent attack (or the pike support one of the artillery units as in the example given as Example 12)?

When firing artillery at a distance, who chooses the target if there is more than one enemy in a zone?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.