Chris Zahnzinger
United States
Carver
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Join the Knights of Round Table Games as we play games and help heal kids. 24 hours of Board games, Card Games, Miniatures, Role Playing and streaming events as we have fun for a great cause. All money pledged goes to local Children's Miracle Network hospitals.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.te...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb

if anyone else is curious how free admission and free food/drinks helps the charity...

http://www.extra-life.org/

basically you should register and get your friends/family to sponsor you.... default fundraising goal is $100 per participant... though if you raise less you do not have to make up the difference. You can also have a "team" instead of individual goal.

Sounds like a fun way to raise money, though I'm unlikely to be able to make it myself.

Should also note that this is a national event... and even other participating children's hospitals in the Northeast (ME, CT, etc)... though I can't seem to find a complete list of event locations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

if anyone else is curious how free admission and free food/drinks helps the charity...

http://www.extra-life.org/

basically you should register and get your friends/family to sponsor you.... default fundraising goal is $100 per participant... though if you raise less you do not have to make up the difference. You can also have a "team" instead of individual goal.

Sounds like a fun way to raise money, though I'm unlikely to be able to make it myself.

Should also note that this is a national event... and even other participating children's hospitals in the Northeast (ME, CT, etc)... though I can't seem to find a complete list of event locations...

There isn't a "complete list" of event locations, as the overall focus of Extra Life is the gamers gaming for their hospitals in their way. So, many gamers will be at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
futiles wrote:
There isn't a "complete list" of event locations, as the overall focus of Extra Life is the gamers gaming for their hospitals in their way. So, many gamers will be at home.

at home? from

Courtyard Marriott Andover Massachusetts--Extra Life Board Game 72 hour Marathon Nov 3 6pm to Nov 6.

it sounded like these were big get together's with food/drinks/t-shirts

in any case for those in CT there is a 3rd thread ...

Extra Life 24 hour gaming in Manchester, CT. November 5th!

wish I could join any of them but sadly won't be able to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.