Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Hi All,

Suppose a platoon of Infantry enter transported on Trucks and then dismount. The Trucks are then free to transport other units up to the limits of their capability but are they only allowed to share commands with the platoon they arrived with?

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without hitting the rulebook again, I seem to recall that it was hard to issue commands to the transports once their passengers were dismounted and eating up the commands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
They are a unit or a stack of units they consume commands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry, I guess I should ave been more specific.

In the above example and using rule 7.3 Platoon and Section Command Control could the trucks share a MOVE command with Infantry units from a different Platoon from that which they they arrived with?

I know the answer would be the same for any command but it's the possibility of saving a command when loading up Infantry and driving away I'm thinking of in particular here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mzen wrote:
Sorry, I guess I should ave been more specific.

In the above example and using rule 7.3 Platoon and Section Command Control could the trucks share a MOVE command with Infantry units from a different Platoon from that which they they arrived with?

I know the answer would be the same for any command but it's the possibility of saving a command when loading up Infantry and driving away I'm thinking of in particular here.

No, they couldn't. This optional ruled further refines section 6.2.1.1 Determining Available Commands to a an even finer level. Just one additional point to also keep in mind is that transported units aren't given a command.

This optional rule really places a great deal of restrictions on units and the command process. It makes command units critical to the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.