Subject: Your Highest score rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asgeir Jonsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn´t find a post about this but I am wondering what scores people are getting. I have played this twice, first time 2 player and 2nd time was 3 player. At least one rule was played wrong in the 3 player game, it was the rule that doesn´t allow you to use many chits of the same type in the feast. I don't think the vikings would have been very happy with a feast without mead and mainly consisting of beans . The scores were 102 and 98. I most often hear scores of similar numbers, and I am wondering how high it would be possible to get or at least how many points the players who have played multiple games are getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My high score came in a 3 player game - 111 pts but I lost to 122 points. Highest score any of my group have got so far was 126 in a four player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brooks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Proud writer for iSlayTheDragon
badge
mbmbmb
My games may not be a great sample because I've generally been the only experienced player with the rest being new to the game. My highest score from a 4-player game is 140 with most of my other recent games being in the 130s. Having a group of all experienced players would possibly result in lower scores as there would be more competition from key actions spots and exploration boards as well as more active blocking. I suspect experienced players will be able to consistently be in the 120-140 range.

Most of my plays have been solo and my best score that way is 163. However, most of my other good scores have ended up being in the 140s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1p - 130
2p - 100
3p - 139

My 2p scores are lower because Kris is a big fat jerk. And, of course, I return the favor. Lots of strategic blocking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My last two plays, 2p, have been 136 and 139 respectively. Just starting out though, I think they were in the low 30s lol. Lots of improvement in a with a couple plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This thread made me realize I used some repeated 2-square tiles horizontally in my last 2-player game. So I accidentally cheated and still didn't win. cry

You CAN us duplicates of the same tile in the feast, but only one can be horizontal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow this is depressing, my best score so far has been about 54. Leaves me wondering what I am doing wrong cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Wow this is depressing, my best score so far has been about 54. Leaves me wondering what I am doing wrong cry

The worst thing for me is that each game I slightly mess up a rule or forget something, and still do poorly. I'm still improving though, from under 15 to 50's to 60's.

I've been trying to resist looking, but there is a thread from Frank in the strategy forum that has spoilered tips for anyone struggling to reach 100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, in our first game my gf got 66 and I ended just below with 62.
Looking forward to learning new strategies, discovering other synergies.
Those scores certainly will go up once we learn the game better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First and only game so far: 85 VPs in a 4 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
I seem to have reached a plateau of 80 points...can't wait to break past it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slawomir Stankowski
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4p -> 146
3p -> 132
2p -> 136
first game 102 (2p)
(these are all for the long variant)

I played my games with mostly the same people so after the first game the scores get higher and higher.
This game gives a lot of room for improvement :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P. P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After 13 and a half solo plays, my highest score is 98. And I have no idea how to improve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First game 3P: 105
Second game 3P: 56
Third game 4P: 51

Clearly I'm learning this game well.

4th game (solo): 130
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
sdobby wrote:
I seem to have reached a plateau of 80 points...can't wait to break past it!

I finally broke through to 99 points!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P. P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my 17th attempt I finally managed to break 100 points.
105 is my new best.
I'll put the game away now for a while...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last game I finally managed to go over 100. Scored 120 thnx to lots of emigration (had the 2 silver discount for emigration occupation).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 122 or 124 for me, I forget which. The higher scores in 4p don't surprise me due to the copy action spaces, which have a very large effect on the game, especially in the last couple rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've now seen two people crack 150, although my personal best after 4 games is just 107.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asgeir Jonsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What strategy did they go to reach those points ? Emigration ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geirinn wrote:
What strategy did they go to reach those points ? Emigration ?

Newer players tend to see Emigration actions as very powerful, but consensus in these forums is that Emigration is simply the easiest strategy to execute as a beginner. (And if everyone at the table were to use that strategy, it obviously wouldn't be as effective.)

Andrew and Frank are posting the highest scores in these fourms, and have proven that 0-Emigration and even 0-Exploration boards strategies can result in 140-160 points. Some of the best scores posted include one or two Emigration maximum.

Solo isn't quite the same game as multiplayer, but if you poke around the solo threads, you'll see how people score well without Emigration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My last game (3p) I scored 155. At the end I had 2 islands, 3 of the middle-tier house extensions (I don't remember what they're called), 4 emigrated longships, and a harbor consisting of 1 longship and 3 trading ships (again, my memory fails me). I think I took about 40pts in negs from the various boards I had around. I didn't at all care about filling up my homeboard and just threw down whatever I had in hand at the end for points. The big points push in that game was getting my income up to 11 by the end of round 3. 3 of that was on the home board. The other 8 came from filling up my first island board. After that I had enough money to easily emigrate most of my boats in rounds 4, 5, and 6 (I don't think it's usually worth it in round 7 and I'm not sure it was worth it in round 6). The other thing the money let me do was turn on most or all of the bonus spaces every time I added a new board.

I think the first couple of games you get caught up staring at all those negative numbers and wasting time getting and converting tiles. Really you need to be thinking about how to make positive points in as few actions as possible (that's kind of the point of every Rosenberg game). FfO doesn't have that many ways to score big positive points. Islands, house extensions, and emigration all are worth face value points, but more importantly, produce on going points in the form of bonuses (emigration discounts your food which is the same thing).

I suspect that among a table of 4 competent players, the scores should trend around 120 due to competition over islands. Likewise, if one player is allowed to scoop them all up, then they'll probably just run away with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a couple photos of a low-emigration 150 point game. This was a 4-player game. I believe he did his one and only emigration in round 6 or 7.

This game was columns 4-7:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qfwfq Piovasco di Rondò
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well played! But the final score is 144 points, you can't place wood on "-1" spaces. You can store wood and stone only in Sheds and Stone Houses and only on the designated spaces shaped like wood or stone.
From the appendix:
Quote:
Additional Rules for Sheds and Stone Houses
You can place the following pieces on the designated spaces of
your sheds and stone houses:
• wood tokens
• stone tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an occ that lets you place wood like that. Hard to see in the pic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.