Subject: Questions on Adversaries and the Wild West Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, the game has amazing compotents and seems to be a lot of fun. I just need a few rule clarifications while I figure this out.

1. If you draw an adversary for an encounter, don't you need to first clear a slot on the encounter ring before paying off the vorpal totals to slay it, or can you just fight it immediately?

2. To my understanding, Chaos cards are immediately discarded and then immediately replaced, right? To give an example of this rule in action, there's a potential to replenish the exact same spot in the encounter ring during either the recover phase or draw phase with "Mushroom Spores", then "Cowardly Abandonment", and then an adversary card?

3. If you draw an adversary card during your recover phase, will you surely take one sanity damage (unless you have some means to block it) because it will have been existing in the encounter ring at the end of your turn?

4. Lastly, a couple Wild West cards reference the Gunslinger's Bullet. I can't seem to find it in my cards, what is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darla Truitt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
1) You can fight it immediately.
2)You would resolve the chaos card. If it was drawn during the encounter phase, I believe a new card does not need to be drawn, but any other time like in the recover phase you could replace so that the ring should be filled by the time you were done.
3)No, and Cory shows an example of that in one of his tutorial videos on Ravingspire website.
4) Well I'll leave this one since I'm too lazy to run down and shuffle through my cards. I believe it does exist though since my son was able to play it on one of our games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I checked out some his videos on his site and they definitely confirm your answers as being correct. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
These pretzels are making me thirsty
mbmbmbmbmb
OtterOwnage wrote:

4. Lastly, a couple Wild West cards reference the Gunslinger's Bullet. I can't seem to find it in my cards, what is it?

The Gunslinger's Bullet is in the Loot Cards deck from the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.