Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Moll
United States
Cayuga
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a question with Darkrock Ventures: when unlocking Rig Dice- are they permanently unlocked after reaching each threshold, or is it turn by turn? Meaning, if you spend credits to go back, do you then lose the dice again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC:

According to the rulebook, you check at the beginning of your turn. If you fall below the threshold, you don't get to use the extra rig die.

Edit:

Rulebook, Page 5, Setup step 4 wrote:
You will automatically unlock your second Rig die for use during any Round you begin with $10 or more, and your third Rig die on any Round you begin with $20 or more.

So, this is pretty clearly implying that, since you unlock it "during any round" where you have the cash, you do not get it when you don't have the cash anymore. If it were permanently unlocked, you'd expect something more like:

"You will permanently unlock your second rig die if you begin any round with $10 or more."

However, there are many rules in this game that I have interpreted it exactly opposite to the designer's wishes... so I guess we'll have to wait. I'm only saying this because of the word "unlock", which kinda makes you think it would be permanent. Unfortunately, there is no definition of the word "unlock".

Until then, I'd still recommend that you go with Rules As Written and only use your die if you had the cash that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Titan Dice in Kickstarter - September 19th!
mbmbmbmbmb
During the development of the game this rule changed a few times so it may have been demoed differently in some cases. However, in the final version, you lose (or, re-lock) a die if you fall below the threshold.

This is also described in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1393071/when-exactly-do-you...

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.