Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lex Peters
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Greater London
flag msg tools
Hi All,

I have just finished playing Asylum and want to move on to the expansions, however I'm having real problems finding any of them in the UK. All of the UK based online shops are out of stock and ebay brings up only US or AUS sellers with postage that costs more than the base game.

Does anyone know why this might be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why the postage is more than the game? Can't help you there! That's just how the world works. Oh, you probably meant why it's out of print? Well, like yourself, others have been playing the game, and a lot of them have figured out it was pretty cool, so they have bought the expansions! And so now they have mostly run out of stock. But fear not! Reprints are on the way. Until then, maybe you have some other TS players in your area who can lend you their copy? That solved the problem for me at least. And not like I'm going to play it again anytime soon, so saw no real need to own it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mb
Found myself in the same predicament. I think I got Prophecy of Dragons used, and imported the others. Luckily I was able to offset the postage cost from America by selling on the expansions after I played them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Peters
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Greater London
flag msg tools
i DID mean why it's out of print, thank you for seeing through my fuzzy grammar!

I suppose I was just a little surprised because I thought there would be more supply to fit the demand, is that typical of board games? I have noticed some others I am interested in buying only being sold by, say, independent sellers on amazon for inflated prices so that would make sense.

Anyway thank you for replying, I hope the reprints come soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Blahut
Hungary
Békéscsaba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm from Hungary but I have the same problem, I've been trying to get my hands on the expansions for a while.
(Well, actually I had a chance to buy used copies, but I decided to wait for the reprint, just in case the expansions will have fixed cards like the base game does.)

I asked Space Cowboys in September, and they replied that "the english version should be restocked in a few days now. Expect the european countries to receive the game and expansions in a few weeks."

Well, October came and went, but there are still no expansions in sight. :|

I also asked a Hungarian board game store recently, and they said they wouldn't expect it before the end of January. (But I'm not sure if it's more recent information or not.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griff Glowen
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
I have just finished Marcy Case so it is up for trade or sale if you are interested:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1041443

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Peters
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Greater London
flag msg tools
Yes! Thank you! Just went through the market page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.