3 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Game-play-example-in-the-rulebook question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denson Conn

Ohio
msg tools
In the turn 2 example of the ST:A rulebbok the Federation wasn't able to place a control node on the newly discovered level 2 warp civilization.

After reading the rules i don't see why the Fed player couldn't have done that as he had the 2 Culture tokens to do so.

Am i missing something? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P. 16, bottom right corner. Feds could take control by hegemony, but that would cost a couple commands. They can't invade warp capable societies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mb
In the first turn, she uses her last 2 commands to warp in, then out, and discovers the Warp Capable Civilization. She has no more commands on her first turn to perform the Hegemony.

Under "Strategy for Next Turn", she is planning her actions for next turn. When it states "Sally will have to Attempt to Hegemony the Delta IV System on her next turn" I believe they mean "she couldn't do it on turn 1 so she has to wait until turn 2".

I could see it being confusing as one might assume they are talking about turn 2, and saying she can't do it until turn 3. I do not think that is the case. Sally is at the end of turn 1 and planning her "next turn" which will be turn 2. Any reference to "next turn" means turn 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.