GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,045 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Ravingspire» Forums » General

Subject: Card (Sleeve) Sizes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In anticipation of this game's arrival, I purchased enough of Swan's 43x65 standard sleeves to fit all the cards, despite Cory's statement that they were an inconsistent fit. I've had nothing but rousing success with Swan's sleeves, and prefer the standard to premium, as I don't like all the extra thickness, especially for a game like Ravingspire where the deck is going to be ridiculously large.

This wasn't a case of inconsistent fit. *None* of the sleeves fit. A bit flustered, I hunted down my metric tape measure, and lo and behold the width of the cards is 44mm.

Was I warned? Yes. Am I still a bit flustered? Yes. BCW sleeves are apparently the only ones that fit, according to Cory. They're more expensive, and will likely require one of those card shoes from Broken Token to stay upright under their own power. To that end, I couldn't find a taller card shoe on their website, only a standard height. Heck, the link from the Ravingspire page went to maydaygames instead of broken token.

In the end, this is more a quibble than a complaint, because I have found the game, and the kickstarter experience as a whole, to be nothing short of fantastic. I'm obsessive about sleeving cards, so it's only natural that I'm going to get a bit bent out of shape over this.

tl;dr -- The cards are 44mm wide. Don't attempt to use Swan 43x65 for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RustyBaker wrote:
The cards are 44mm wide.

How tall are they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HolisticDeveloper wrote:
RustyBaker wrote:
The cards are 44mm wide.

How tall are they?

63.5mm by my measurements. The 65mm height sleeves are perfect, it's just that the width is uncommon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up this game. Its magnificent but the only issue is if I sleeve the cards I need to use an entire different box. The size of this box is crazy large, I can't imagine getting another box for sleeved cards. And there is no way. Im manipulating the insert to accommodate them. How are others storing their cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the odd size of the cards and their sheer volume, I have made the (unusual for me) decision to leave them unsleeved. Some of the starting cards are showing a bit of wear, but I just couldn't be bothered to come up with a better solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kranzel
United States
Piedmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RustyBaker wrote:
In anticipation of this game's arrival, I purchased enough of Swan's 43x65 standard sleeves to fit all the cards, despite Cory's statement that they were an inconsistent fit. I've had nothing but rousing success with Swan's sleeves, and prefer the standard to premium, as I don't like all the extra thickness, especially for a game like Ravingspire where the deck is going to be ridiculously large.

This wasn't a case of inconsistent fit. *None* of the sleeves fit. A bit flustered, I hunted down my metric tape measure, and lo and behold the width of the cards is 44mm.

Was I warned? Yes. Am I still a bit flustered? Yes. BCW sleeves are apparently the only ones that fit, according to Cory. They're more expensive, and will likely require one of those card shoes from Broken Token to stay upright under their own power. To that end, I couldn't find a taller card shoe on their website, only a standard height. Heck, the link from the Ravingspire page went to maydaygames instead of broken token.

In the end, this is more a quibble than a complaint, because I have found the game, and the kickstarter experience as a whole, to be nothing short of fantastic. I'm obsessive about sleeving cards, so it's only natural that I'm going to get a bit bent out of shape over this.

tl;dr -- The cards are 44mm wide. Don't attempt to use Swan 43x65 for them.

Sounds like Mini Euro (44x68mm) is probably the best fit, but it'll be a bit long. I've added the game to the sleeves list with this information, but please let me know if there's some sleeve out there that fits better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.