$5.00
$20.00
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious if anyone knew the street date here in the US for the new edition? I'd like to get a copy for my sister in law for Christmas, but I wasn't sure if it would be available in time. Sorry if I overlooked this info in another thread, and thanks in advance for any info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Stubbs
msg tools
Re: Street Date for New Edition
I tweeted Portsl a few weeks back and was told early December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
Subject needs a question mark. I came here figuring there was news...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Subject needs a question mark. I came here figuring there was news...

Yeah, I realize that now. My bad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Kuhn

Redlands
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I bought it from portal games about a month ago. Got it last week. Is it not for sale any more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C C
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just to clarify....you purchased the latest edition? White box? I couldn't find it for sale on their web store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raggle G
United Kingdom
Sandhurst
flag msg tools
Portal were selling the new English version from their website just prior to and post Essen. According to one of their latest youtube posts, this has now sold out. They are waiting for the main print run to hit distribution.

I have a preorder in with UK company so I have an interest in this.

As the previous poster has said, Portal mentioned December.
The store i'm ordering from said early November.
Coolstuff have an estimated date of 9th Nov.
In episode 42 of the Board Games insider podcast 26th Oct, Ignacy wouldn't be drawn on a specific date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony R
United States
Sylva
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so tired of the misinformation surrounding the release date of this game. When I pre-ordered it back in late July, they said it would be out by September. Then a couple weeks after that I read that it's going to be late October/early November. Now they are saying December.I don't care if it would take until December, but don't lead me on by changing the dates every month. It can not be that hard to get an accurate release date. I feel like it's just taking advantage of the consumers.

Of course maybe it's the retailers fault for just estimating when they think it will be out. I wouldn't put it past some of the big ones (CSI, MM) because these are the same stores that will take endless amounts of pre-orders, more than will be available to them on release day, and then never tell you until you get frustrated and e-mail them about why the product is saying sold out a week after it was released and your order was never filled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyro19 wrote:
...It can not be that hard to get an accurate release date....

Yes, it can. First off, never trust the retailers' estimates of a release date; check with the publisher or distributor. Secondly, there are often delays in shipping and such that mean projected release dates are missed, especially since one of the biggest freight shipping companies in the world recently declared bankruptcy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony R
United States
Sylva
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
tonyro19 wrote:

Yes, it can. First off, never trust the retailers' estimates of a release date; check with the publisher or distributor. Secondly, there are often delays in shipping and such that mean projected release dates are missed, especially since one of the biggest freight shipping companies in the world recently declared bankruptcy.

Why should I not trust retailer's estimates? It seems like they would have more information than the consumers about the products.

Also if there were any delays, Portal Games should share that information with the consumers. If you got directly to their website and check on the product's page, there is zero information about a possible release date despite numerous people asking about it in the comments of the various news items about it. Any information comes from Ignacy's various social media accounts. Seems pretty unprofessional to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyro19 wrote:
runtsta wrote:
tonyro19 wrote:

Why should I not trust retailer's estimates? It seems like they would have more information than the consumers about the products.

Also if there were any delays, Portal Games should share that information with the consumers. If you got directly to their website and check on the product's page, there is zero information about a possible release date despite numerous people asking about it in the comments of the various news items about it. Any information comes from Ignacy's various social media accounts. Seems pretty unprofessional to me.

You shouldn't ask retailers because they're not in any way involved in the production and logistics process, just the end result. They often don't have the latest information. Publishers tend not to give firm release dates because they know that delays are often inevitable, and it's better in the long run to keep people in the dark than repeatedly fail to meet public delivery promises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony R
United States
Sylva
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's being way to lenient towards a company I'm paying my money to for a service they haven't even rendered yet. If I paid someone to make me a table and they told me it would be done within a few months and kept putting it off by another month and then another month, there would need to be some level of communication about what is going on and why it's happening.

In Portal's case...to see they are selling copies on their website and at conventions and then delaying retail copies? Come on. How can they not be held accountable for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
tonyro19 wrote:
I think that's being way to lenient towards a company I'm paying my money to for a service they haven't even rendered yet. If I paid someone to make me a table and they told me it would be done within a few months and kept putting it off by another month and then another month, there would need to be some level of communication about what is going on and why it's happening.

In Portal's case...to see they are selling copies on their website and at conventions and then delaying retail copies? Come on. How can they not be held accountable for that?

Totally agree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
Per Aspera ad Astra
badge
In Hoc Signo Vinces
mbmbmbmbmb
This was (allegedly) supposed to come out today. Anyone know anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
See here (information is also in several other places): the game won't be available for most US retailers until the early release date of December 7th, with the official release date being December 21.

I find it a little frustrating that this information was available to retailers on October 11th and they didn't update their website(s), but give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they ordered directly from Portal or something and not through a regular distribution center, which would allow them to get the game a month early? Perhaps it's just wishful thinking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.