Subject: What's this about a new rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I got the email that they are releasing a new hardback rulebook and we can all request one for free.

Question 1: Why are they already coming out with a new edition?

Question 2: How will we request a new rulebook? Will they email us all again? It did not explain that part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) the rulebook has several errors/translation errors/unclear aspects in it which they only discovered a bit late, so they will rewrite it and send a copy to those backers who request to have it.

2) they will email us again as soon as the request form is set up with a link to it. you fill in the form if you want such a new copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 300 of us still awaiting our copies saw the thousands of posts about all the typo and unclarities in the rules so we took a stand and made them redo the rulebook while we few waited for the game.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see as much wrong with the rulebook as the cards need a reprint with lots of incorrect translations and, well, grammar.

Seems like anytime something looked fuzzy, they had an in-game example that cleared up my question.

Hindering was the biggest 'understanding' issue for me, and all of those had examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been hindered from getting my game. Is that the same?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
I didn't see as much wrong with the rulebook as the cards need a reprint with lots of incorrect translations and, well, grammar.

Seems like anytime something looked fuzzy, they had an in-game example that cleared up my question.

Hindering was the biggest 'understanding' issue for me, and all of those had examples.

The scenarios had some rules missing in the English versions, so that's quite a major issue in the rulesbook, plus the skill cards had rules missing or incorrect (wallbreaker) - have a look on various threads for details, esp https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1652548/list-scenario-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
So it is safe to say I might as well try not to play this until the new book comes out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:
So it is safe to say I might as well try not to play this until the new book comes out?

No. The game is pefectly playable as is. Just have a look at the FAQ and rules questions in the forum to confirm fuzzy statements or for the translation errors corrections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.