Subject: What's this about a new rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I got the email that they are releasing a new hardback rulebook and we can all request one for free.

Question 1: Why are they already coming out with a new edition?

Question 2: How will we request a new rulebook? Will they email us all again? It did not explain that part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) the rulebook has several errors/translation errors/unclear aspects in it which they only discovered a bit late, so they will rewrite it and send a copy to those backers who request to have it.

2) they will email us again as soon as the request form is set up with a link to it. you fill in the form if you want such a new copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 300 of us still awaiting our copies saw the thousands of posts about all the typo and unclarities in the rules so we took a stand and made them redo the rulebook while we few waited for the game.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see as much wrong with the rulebook as the cards need a reprint with lots of incorrect translations and, well, grammar.

Seems like anytime something looked fuzzy, they had an in-game example that cleared up my question.

Hindering was the biggest 'understanding' issue for me, and all of those had examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been hindered from getting my game. Is that the same?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
I didn't see as much wrong with the rulebook as the cards need a reprint with lots of incorrect translations and, well, grammar.

Seems like anytime something looked fuzzy, they had an in-game example that cleared up my question.

Hindering was the biggest 'understanding' issue for me, and all of those had examples.

The scenarios had some rules missing in the English versions, so that's quite a major issue in the rulesbook, plus the skill cards had rules missing or incorrect (wallbreaker) - have a look on various threads for details, esp https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1652548/list-scenario-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
So it is safe to say I might as well try not to play this until the new book comes out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:
So it is safe to say I might as well try not to play this until the new book comes out?

No. The game is pefectly playable as is. Just have a look at the FAQ and rules questions in the forum to confirm fuzzy statements or for the translation errors corrections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Any news about them sending out a physical copy of the new rulebook to backers anytime soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Enroth186 wrote:
Any news about them sending out a physical copy of the new rulebook to backers anytime soon?

Yup, it's soon, check out Update #190, posted today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/updates

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
Enroth186 wrote:

Yup, it's soon, check out Update #190, posted today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/updates

190 doesn't mention the new rulebook. All it mentions, indirectly, is that they've missed the March/April shipping date for Wave 2:

Quote:
Please update this week your shipping address for Conan wave 2. You will be able to do it until Tuesday, May 4th.

They don't actually say they've missed the date they committed to a couple months ago, they just say that postal addresses have to be updated by... sometime after the committed date.

EDIT: the KS post contains a typo: APRIL was intended. (i won't apologize for re-posting that mistake here!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Hi,

Of course, it's a typing error, we are still on track for the delivery of wave 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May the 4th (be with you) isn't a Tuesday, April 4th is likely the actual - pretty short - deadline !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
April 4th is likely the actual - pretty short - deadline !

Anyone who hasn't had sufficient time to update their address by now is completely out of touch and doesn't deserve to get their wave 2 stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Send their stuff to me instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
Will there be a way for those of us who bought a retail edition of Conan or bought the KS version on the secondary market to get the new rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedFinch wrote:
Will there be a way for those of us who bought a retail edition of Conan or bought the KS version on the secondary market to get the new rulebook?

According to this update, yes:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...

In case only backers can see that update, the relevant quote is:

Quote:
For those who purchased their game in retail, we will supply Asmodee with revised rulebooks in June. They will distribute them directly through their after-sales service or through the retailers depending on the country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hi

i bought the game in retail, what company do i contact to get the new rulebook? asmodee, monolith, esdevium in eu? Its all so convoluted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorelas wrote:
i bought the game in retail, what company do i contact to get the new rulebook? asmodee, monolith, esdevium in eu? Its all so convoluted.

See the quote from Monolith in the post three posts above this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
i read the KS info before i posted here. Actually i read the whole thread. And a few others. I was still clueless after you provided me with your information which sadly didn't share any light on the subject. Fore the sake of you providing actual help, do you mean we are to contact a Kickstarter? or Asmodee? and definitely not Monolith?

Nur für Klugscheißer: bitte unten posten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorelas wrote:
i read the KS info before i posted here. Actually i read the whole thread. And a few others. I was still clueless after you provided me with your information which sadly didn't share any light on the subject. Fore the sake of you providing actual help, do you mean we are to contact a Kickstarter? or Asmodee? and definitely not Monolith?

For one thing, you haven't said where you are located. If you're in North America you are definitely to contact Asmodee in June. Monolith's posts about it imply you should contact Asmodee even for the rest of the world, but I'm not sure. Why not ask Monolith either through their email or Facebook? Your country will be what determines who you contact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks! i was hoping not to be the 1st man confronted with this issue. I will pave the way for the others now and post the outcome soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
dorelas wrote:

For one thing, you haven't said where you are located. If you're in North America you are definitely to contact Asmodee in June. Monolith's posts about it imply you should contact Asmodee even for the rest of the world, but I'm not sure. Why not ask Monolith either through their email or Facebook? Your country will be what determines who you contact.

Asmodee is the worldwide distributor for retail. They handle everything non-KS, and decide which channel they'll use in which country for their retail customers (i.e. non-KS backers).
No need to contact Monolith, they don't know which channel Asmodee will use in Uzbekistan (or anywhere else in the world).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.