Ivor Gardiner
msg tools

I'm hoping one of the designers may be able to respond. I recently purchased the game off BGG advertised as New. When I opened the box, over half of the counters were already punched with many, but not all, in plastic baggies. The rules booklet states there should be 114 counters for The Second Boer War and 234 for Magersfontein. This adds up to a total of 348 counters. I counted those in the box and they totalled 234, not the 348 there apparently should be (even though the box cover gives 115 rather than 114 for the strategic game). This suggests the game is missing 14 counters. I have flicked through the rulebooks to see whether there is any indication if some of the counters overlap for use in both games, but there is nothing to suggest that and the counters used in the examples do not show any counters common to both. How many counters should there be in total for both games?

Regards,

Ivor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Some of the counters are used for both games. One side for the tactical game and the other for the strategic game. The rules say which countrrs are used in each game, son you should be able to identify what is what..

Hopefully someone can put up a scan of the countersheet. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Gardiner
msg tools
Thanks, James. I guess I won't know if any are missing until I actually get it out and play through both games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.