3 Posts

Istanbul: Letters & Seals» Forums » General

Subject: Compatibility question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
If I own the AEG base game and first expansion will there be any problems or differences (component quality) if i get this expansion from Pegasus spiele from directly in Germany?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My in-laws brought this expansion with them from Europe recently, and like you, I have the AEG base version and the first expansion, which also came from Pegasus. So far I'm not seeing any quality differences. The location tiles in the expansions have a German side and English side, where the AEG tiles are all English. But the color, finish, and cardboard thickness is the same.

You can tell there are newer cards in the decks, but in my case that's due to playing and not print differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All Istanbul boxes produced by Pegasus are "Made in Germany". For AEG, some boxes are made in Germany and some are made in China.

You can check the back side of your own boxesn, if they are "Made in Germany" or "Made in China".

If both of your boxes are Made in Germany: Perfect. Combine them, no problem.

If both of your boxes are Made in China: Not a big deal, you can also combine them. Perhaps you need sleeves for the bonus cards, because the color of the backside COULD be with a minor difference, and the rounded edges COULD be with a minor different radius. So the bonus cards are the only very small difference I know about. But with opaque sleeves, no problem.

If one of your boxes is Made in Germany and the other box Made in China, you can just compare for yourself these two boxes and see about the possible differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.