$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Taylor H
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm playing my first game of Widow's Walk tonight (though I've played vanilla a lot) and I'm wondering if the new player tokens that are placed in trait-raising rooms were added so that each individual player has an opportunity to raise their stats in those rooms.

I haven't come across any specific rules stating that this is the case, so I assume only one player per game can use a given room- but I just know my players are going to ask me about it the first time we run into it tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor H
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Update: I just came across this in the errata, perhaps I've been playing incorrectly all along?

Quote:
Chapel, Gymnasium, Larder, Library -- Can you stay in one of these rooms turn
after turn to increase an attribute?
No. Each character can receive the benefit from each room just once per game (one boost
for each trait for each player, if all four rooms are in play). Most players find this easy to
remember, but if someone gets argumentative, keep a simple, written record.

So all players can gain the added bonus from each of these rooms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the base game there were four trait-raising rooms. One for each trait. Each player could benefit from them, but a player could benefit from each room once per game. You had to memorize when you benefited from a room, which was a hassle.

These tokens were added so that you don't have to memorize whether or not you've benefited from a room. Place your marker in a room to show that you've already gained a trait from that room.

In the expansion there are a few rooms that can increase or modify traits. I believe one of them is once per player per game, and specifically calls out putting a player token in there. The rest are not limited, but have a requirement of discarding an item or something along those lines to activate the ability in the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor H
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks =) I am gaining a reputation of accidentally enforcing harder rules than were intended....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.