Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I enjoy playing tiny Epic games on my own. When playing Tiny Epic Galaxies I usually win playing against the medium rogue galaxy but when playing tiny Epic Western I barely win playing against a beginner rival. Is it me or the game is just to difficult? Do you have the same experience like me? Any advises?

Thanks in advance!

Arguset

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A few tips for you:

1) The "Buy a leftover" building spot is very important in Solo play. Plan on using it whenever you can.

2) Also, remember that the Rival will buy the highest building only from the spots that he occupies. That means, if you win the Town card and place yourself correctly, you can buy away the more valuable building so he can't get it. Sometimes denying the rival opportunities is just as important as winning them for yourself.

3) Winning the town card often can also give you easy control over the different stocks - and those bonus points!

4) The Rival can be punishing in duels. If you get shot down, weigh your resources carefully when deciding whether its better to spend to reroll. It doesn't make a difference whether the Rival wins resources, so you need to decide whether winning is good for you.

Hope those little tricks help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played solo 4-5 times and have one won once (the last time I played). I do think you learn strategies that work in solo play and get better once you get the hang of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is difficult.

The Rival get 2 cards to build a hand to your 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thank you so much for your kind answers! And for your advices!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.