Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
1. The Patron card C. Sulla Felix has the following action modifier:
"You get to take 1 free step at the Colosseum."
(This is also described in the action modifier player aid, 3rd column, 3rd item down.)

"You get to take 1 free step at the Colosseum" can be interpreted in 2 different ways:

a. The action is free (which it obviously is).
b. The cost is free (i.e., you don't have to pay the coins, the surplus, or resource).

I'm guessing it's (b) above. Is that right?

2. The same card's end game bonus (as described in the End Game Bonuses player aid) says "You can increase your influence in one of the areas by 1. Move your marker up by 1 on the chosen track. You perform this after the setting of area influences, so your marker can in fact move above the brown marker..."

So is this actually saying that if the brown cube is at Level 4, for example, and you were able to move your marker up to Level 6, you get the Level 6 number of points from the scoring card? This would be the only exception I know of to the rule that says you can't score more influence than the level of the brown cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dany Houart
Belgium
flag msg tools
1. It's b). You move 1 step, and it cost nothing. You don't have to pay any resource.

2. Yes, it's an exception to the rules. There's already a post about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Dan7325 wrote:
1. It's b). You move 1 step, and it cost nothing. You don't have to pay any resource.

2. Yes, it's an exception to the rules. There's already a post about it.

Thanks. Didn't see that post. I'll look for it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.