Connie Gunderson
United States
Deer Creek Mesa (Littleton)
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I watched part of one of the video reviews of this game and it started out seeming very much like something my son would love, but then it got too complicated. Also we need 2-player games. But this theme and these bits and the manner of slaying dragons seems right up my kid's alley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, so was it the gameplay that seemed interesting, or just the bits? Because the dragon slaying in the gameplay is really just simple addition and is a tiny part of the game. The real game is in the negotiation of the rewards. Which A) is pretty mean B) probably not great for kids and C) doesn't work well with 2 players. Can you be a bit more specific about what was appealing beyond the dragon artwork and colorful gems? Or was that it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred D.
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
If it is the appeal of the dragon theme -which kids generally love- then try browsing the associated boardgamefamily, Animals: Dragons

More than 300 games fall under that category, you can use the sorting/filters tools to try and find the games that interest you and your son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did a little bit of digging and you might want to look at Dragonheart. It's a 2 player game that plays in 30 minutes, and looks simple enough for a kid. It's fantasy/dragon based.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.