Jason Craddock
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In some games, Non-Players choose Operations and a Special Activity over Events when 2nd eligible (2.3.2): Syndicate and Government do so when the other of them is a player, Directorio and 26July do so when the other of those two is a player.

I may be over thinking this, but I don't understand exactly what this means. Can someone explain this to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If either the Syndicate or the Government is a player, then the other will choose an Op and a Special Activity when 2nd Eligible.

Similarly, if either the Directorio or the 26 July is a player, then the other will make the above choice.

If both the Syndicate and the Government are bots, they would both choose the Event when 2nd Eligible. If both the Directorio and the 26 July are bots, they would also choose Events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Craddock
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. One other confusing thing is the non player player aid under Events only says this for 2nd eligible on the Directorio and Syndicate factions (and references 8.1). It does not say it for the Government and 26July factions which makes me think the Government and 26July will take the event if it can no matter what unless that's an errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook takes precedence over the flowcharts, so what Rodger says is correct. Keep in mind there are certain events that a particular faction will never play and will always do Operations and a Special Activity instead, regardless of whether they are 1st eligible or 2nd eligible. These are listed on the flowcharts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
averydylan wrote:
Thanks. One other confusing thing is the non player player aid under Events only says this for 2nd eligible on the Directorio and Syndicate factions (and references 8.1). It does not say it for the Government and 26July factions which makes me think the Government and 26July will take the event if it can no matter what unless that's an errata?

Your player aid is from the first printing; your rulebook is from the reprint.

On the reprinted play aid, the 2nd Eligible NP comment under the "Execute Event or Limited Op" box agrees with the 8.1 text in the reprinted rulebook.

Regards,
Oetjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.