$30.00
MyBGG Name
msg tools
mbmbmb
After reading through the rules, I had a few questions that the game designers kindly (and promptly) answered for me. In case others have the same questions, I thought I'd share:

Movement
As long as you've an open path from one district to another that doesn't pass through police-controlled districts, you can take it. You can always move into police-controlled districts. You can also combine different types of movement to mix and match streets, highways, and metro stations. On the beginner game board, you can initially move your bloc/mob to any district, including into (but not through) any of the State districts or the Stadium district.

Fancy Clothes
This loot card applies to either a single bloc or a mob. It effectively allows free movement of that bloc/mob to any district, allowing you to circumvent the normal restrictions where (1) you can't move through police-controlled districts and (2) you can't move out of police-controlled districts.

Riot Cops Movement
If a group of 2 or more riot cops are not adjacent to the district type specified on the Police Ops card, they do not move. At the start of a game on beginner board, if a Prisoners Districts card is drawn, then only 2 riot cops would move from the Airport to the Immigrant Detention Center.

Liberated Districts
Liberated districts stay liberated and can never become repressed again. However, police are still able to move into liberated districts and defeat blocs and evict occupations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cop Reinforcements:
Is the only way to get more cops on the board through the police ops cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyBGG Name
msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Cop Reinforcements:
Is the only way to get more cops on the board through the police ops cards?

Or if you roll a '1' on the Reaction Die after an Advanced Action or Attack. I think that's it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sia Delacosta
msg tools
In terms of riot cop movement, what is considered adjacent? In your example, it seemed like your were implying that diagonal districts are adjacent? Is that true? What about districts that are two blocs away, even? The rules never define adjacent, unless I'm missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocket Lee
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Anarchocat vs paper riot vans!
mbmbmbmbmb
FoxfireDreams wrote:
In terms of riot cop movement, what is considered adjacent? In your example, it seemed like your were implying that diagonal districts are adjacent? Is that true? What about districts that are two blocs away, even? The rules never define adjacent, unless I'm missing something.

In Bloc by Bloc, "adjacent" means 2 things:
(1) districts that are directly next to each other (touching side to side) that are connected by a street are considered adjacent
(2) districts that are connected by highways are considered adjacent (no other district types in between)

If two districts are directly next to each other, BUT there is a dead end between them, then they are not considered adjacent.

Here are some examples using the map on page 3 of the rulebook:

• The Commercial district in the upper right is adjacent to the Privatized University and the International Airport
• The Plaza is adjacent to The Projects, the Supermax Prison, the Overcrowded Jail, and The Stadium
• The Garment district is adjacent to the Immigrant Detention Center, the Underfunded High School, and the Bankrupt Junior College. It is NOT adjacent to the Telecom Network Hub.

See the bottom of page 6 of the rulebook for more info on what is considered adjacent and what is not considered adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Tra
msg tools
Thanks, this is how we played it and I'm glad to find the answer here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.