Hide
3 Posts

Order of the Gilded Compass» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 player "Neutral player" rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Oleson
msg tools
So I mainly play board games with my wife, and I'm not clear on the 2 player varient. It says something about being able to add the neutral player dice to dice already in play, and any play can add to them?

So I'm confused, is it saying that the dice a treated as a 3rd player, but either side can add to EXISTING other NEUTRAL dice, say to try and cancel out someones dice, or that they can be COMBINED with the player dice to make them they're own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The neutral dice "belong" to the (virtual) 3rd player.
You can add neutral dice to already placed neutral dice on any place, but not to dice of another / your own color.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xzero1134 wrote:
So I mainly play board games with my wife, and I'm not clear on the 2 player varient. It says something about being able to add the neutral player dice to dice already in play, and any play can add to them?

So I'm confused, is it saying that the dice a treated as a 3rd player, but either side can add to EXISTING other NEUTRAL dice, say to try and cancel out someones dice, or that they can be COMBINED with the player dice to make them they're own?

The neutral dice work as a '3rd player'
So if you have 2 fours, your wife can play 2 neutral fives and 2 of her sixes.
If nothing else happens in this building, she gets top prize, the neutral player claims the second place, and you would get 3rd place..(this example is for the building where you are claiming the land tiles, obviously buildings have different dice placement and reward structures)

Towards the back of the rulebook, it goes over what happens for each building in regards to the neutral player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.