Popular Tags: [View All]
Evil Jello
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the region symbols on completed mission cards count as if you have an agent in any city in that region? For example, if I was trying to complete a mission that requires an agent in Moscow, -!; I have a previously completed mission with the red symbol on it, does that satisfy the requirement? The phrasing in the rule book seems sort of ambiguous.

Update: never mind, the online version of the rules is MUCH clearer. It says:

Quote:
A Region symbol is like having an Agent in any
city in this Region, for the purpose of completing
future Missions.

The version of the rules that came in my box says:
Quote:
A region symbol at the bottom of a completed mission satisfies needing an Agent in a matching City or Region on a future Mission
- much less clear phrasing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many missions require an agent somewhere in a region with the symbol. We play that it represents the region requirement but NOT the specific city requirement since specific locations are written on some cards along with a requirement for another agent to be somewhere in another specific region. It just fills the region requirement, not a specific city requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Jello
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
Many missions require an agent somewhere in a region with the symbol. We play that it represents the region requirement but NOT the specific city requirement since specific locations are written on some cards along with a requirement for another agent to be somewhere in another specific region. It just fills the region requirement, not a specific city requirement.

I believe this is incorrect, per the quoted rules I mentioned in my edit to the original post. The rulebook on the Renegade Games website seems to be more up to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

I believe this is incorrect, per the quoted rules I mentioned in my edit to the original post. The rulebook on the Renegade Games website seems to be more up to date.

You are correct, Evil Jello.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

We have played that it fulfills a Region requirement and any city of that Region requirement. My wife thinks it's OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it counts for both. As for being over-powered....the Missions with cities are worth less points than the ones with Equipment. The ones with Regions are worth even less. So, they might be powerful, but you get less points for what they do.

I know this wasn't asked, but before it is.... The Region Symbols on the completed Missions only count toward future Missions. They do not mean that you are in a region for the purposes of choosing an Agency Card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dipbubs wrote:
eviljelloman wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

You are correct, Evil Jello.

If a mission card names 2 cities of the same region, does a completed mission's region symbol take care of both of those named cities, or just one of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can only fulfill ONE requirement per mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.