Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please someone make this into an app. It would be a great solitaire mobile game. You could have a wide range of achievement points (winning without using any tools...) and a community scoreboard. Plus it would allow for new maps and the pacific to be made.

So, who owns the IP and how do we make this happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

How does facebook put it? "It's complicated?"

I'm not going to attempt to make mistakes summarizing the situation but there are reasons D-Day Dice isn't likely to be reprinted, and they'd extend to licensing the IP. Maybe someone else can chime in, or a search engine can likely help.

Plus there would be no dice to roll!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly an app was in development and close to being done some years ago. It even got released by mistake too early and then pulled, so some people who bought it in that short interval might still have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Andrews
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's still showing in the Google Play Store (but that might be because I've got it installed already). It is a little basic and is based on the PNP version but it does allow you to import your own maps so you can scan and play the maps from the full version. It also uses drag and drop dots over scanned images for the lists instead of a checklist which is a bit clunky but functional.

[url]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai...[/url]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike kohlhepp
United States
allentown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
App was made years ago...I still have it on my iPad. It is incomplete, but usable. Funding for this I guess went south during the fiasco of the other Kickstarter. It is decent for what it is, needed more polish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
Please someone make this into an app. It would be a great solitaire mobile game. You could have a wide range of achievement points (winning without using any tools...) and a community scoreboard. Plus it would allow for new maps and the pacific to be made.

Well, as someone said... "it's complicated".

As the designer, I now own the IP. And right now, I am shopping the game around so it can get reprinted. It would be up to an eventual publisher to make an app for it, and I don't want to cheapen the game's reprint value by allowing a free app to be released before then. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best wishes. Love the game. So sorry about Airborne in Your Pocket as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
DiploGuy wrote:

Well, as someone said... "it's complicated".

As the designer, I now own the IP. And right now, I am shopping the game around so it can get reprinted. It would be up to an eventual publisher to make an app for it, and I don't want to cheapen the game's reprint value by allowing a free app to be released before then. Sorry!

Excited to hear there's a chance that some of the expansions I missed first time around might see the light of day again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matty Stoner
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Emmanuel.

How likely do you think you will be able to get it reprinted?
Do you have an estimate as to how long into the future until it gets reprinted?

Would really love to get my hands on a new reprinted version!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This game needs a second KS, it was even mentioned by that Dutch guy who sings on The Dice Tower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmb
Before getting a new KS, the game needs a new publisher. I've tried every avenue I could think of. Any publisher reading this interested? I'm all ears!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's really weird that you can't get a publisher because only this week on The Dice Tower Dave Luza was singing the praises of D-Day Dice on Board Game Breakfast at time 41:41:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LuC7KUB5Gw&t=2s

and also here in Spain a highly regarded board game / RPG game translator Chema Pamundi from Barcelona that has his own YouTube channel "Chema Pamundi y el yeti" sings his praises of your game D-Day Dice at time 11:07 being interviewed by a different channel (I think he works for Games Workshop in Spain or he may be freelance, I think he worked for publisher Denvir who are big in Spain also):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKjWRIluiAE

I think this time if you can prove that you can get your price and costings right (production/shipping etc) then it's a license to print money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unfortunate but not unexpected. It is a TERRIFIC game but there are still a lot of copies available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmb
Believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.