Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
When facing multiple adversaries during the encounter phase, are vorpal powers cumulative or do we need to face each adversary separately?

For example, I have both a bored succubus (1 fight, 1 skill, 8 charm) and a skeletal warrior (2 fight) on my tower ring. Can I discard a total of 3 fight, 1 skill and 8 charm to defeat them both simultaneously?

Can the rule be applied to other cards in the tower levels as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmb
I do believe you are only allowed to battle one adversary per turn. You draw an encounter card, acquire it, battle it, or make room for it on the ring. So if there are two adversaries you pick one to battle this round and lose sanity for the other, assuming your playing solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JavaGammer wrote:
I do believe you are only allowed to battle one adversary per turn.

Where are you getting that from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
These pretzels are making me thirsty
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
When facing multiple adversaries during the encounter phase, are vorpal powers cumulative or do we need to face each adversary separately?

For example, I have both a bored succubus (1 fight, 1 skill, 8 charm) and a skeletal warrior (2 fight) on my tower ring. Can I discard a total of 3 fight, 1 skill and 8 charm to defeat them both simultaneously?

I guess it would depend on the cards played. As long as none of the fight, skill or charm came from the same card(s) that provided the 2 fight to defeat the skeletal warrior or the 2 fight does not come from the cards used to defeat the succubus.
In the 'questions' section, page 23 it is asked:

Quote:
Q: Can I split the power value on a card toward two or more separate cards?

A: No. A card's power value must be spent entirely toward a single card. Any left over power (i.e. "overspent") is lost.

Also, any Vorpal on a single card has to be used as a single power type. This is asked and answered on the same page, the very next question.

I think these answer your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cdarlage wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

I guess it would depend on the cards played. As long as none of the fight, skill or charm came from the same card(s) that provided the 2 fight to defeat the skeletal warrior or the 2 fight does not come from the cards used to defeat the succubus.
In the 'questions' section, page 23 it is asked:

Quote:
Q: Can I split the power value on a card toward two or more separate cards?

A: No. A card's power value must be spent entirely toward a single card. Any left over power (i.e. "overspent") is lost.

Also, any Vorpal on a single card has to be used as a single power type. This is asked and answered on the same page, the very next question.

I think these answer your question.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.