Subject: Screeching? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do anyone else's pegs screech a bit on the board? I am wondering if it is just because it is new, and if it will wear smooth and not make such a scraping noise after awhile.
Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

(Speaking of it being new, I was a bit disappointed when I found that one of the screws had split the board it was screwed into. I hope it doesn't lead to anything. Not really anything can be done about this, but I just wanted to say it anyway.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
Do anyone else's pegs screech a bit on the board? I am wondering if it is just because it is new, and if it will wear smooth and not make such a scraping noise after awhile.

(Speaking of it being new, I was a bit disappointed when I found that one of the screws had split the board it was screwed into. I hope it doesn't lead to anything. Not really anything can be done about this, but I just wanted to say it anyway.)

It does screech, and I hated it. I described my solution to it that works wonderfully:

Re: How smooth should the magents glide?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
DuelistofAges wrote:

It does screech, and I hated it. I described my solution to it that works wonderfully:

Re: How smooth should the magents glide?

Two coats of Turtle Wax Hardshell which is the same thing Muzzies uses on their tournament Crokinole boards. Cost a few bucks, took a few minutes, smooth screech free sailing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with both of two posts above.

I added "mouse tape" or "mouse discs" to the bottoms of my pegs, and trimmed them with a craft blade. I also polished the surface, although I just used some random furniture polish I had sitting in a utility closet. I'm betting turtle wax would work even better.

The stuttering and screeching was highly irritating. I'm glad this fixed the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Blackford
United States
Huber Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi-diddly-ho, neighborino!
badge
"I'll have a Shirley... No, a virgin... No, a children's... Oh, what the heck? You only live once. Give me a white wine spritzer! "
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Two coats of Turtle Wax Hardshell which is the same thing Muzzies uses on their tournament Crokinole boards. Cost a few bucks, took a few minutes, smooth screech free sailing.

This worked wonderfully on my board. After a few coats of carnauba wax it plays better, looks better, and I noticed less scratches on the board.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify that I used Maguire's Carnauba Wax, rather than the Turtle Wax Hardshell. It seems the Turtle wax may be a bit better (easier application/looks better?), but either one will accomplish what you'd like to do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions, I am excited to try them out.
Is Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell the same thing as what you are describing? I cannot find anything just called Turtle Wax Hard Shell (on Amazon).
Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete S
United States
Macungie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had my Klask in the basement, and happened to do some sanding of wood panels nearby so Klask inadvertently got covered in a light coating of sawdust. Worked wonders! Shuffleboard table-style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions, I am excited to try them out.
Is Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell the same thing as what you are describing? I cannot find anything just called Turtle Wax Hard Shell (on Amazon).
Thanks again.

Yep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.