Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Warren
United States
NASHVILLE
UNITED STATES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just did our first play test. We did the 'Rescue the Princess from the Pict Village'. The heroes were beat down pretty bad.

Here are a few questions we had:

Is a Guard Action eligible for re-roll using Belit's 'Support' ability?

Can you move when in Cautious stance or is it like taking a knee?

Does Zogar Sag not get a spell? It says he can use them.

Ranged clarification:
My understanding for melee is:
- Passive: Armor only
- Active: Purchased defense dice + armor + shield
The rules say only shields can be used to defend against ranged (Missiles, Spells, Area Effect). So would ranged be?:
- Passive: Nothing
- Active: Purchased defense dice + shield

We had a blast playing the game. We have a yearly trip coming up where about 30 of us rent lodges in the mountains and game all weekend. Everyone is REALLY looking forward to getting some Conan time in. It's soon. I hope the updated rules are released before then.

TIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Support skill allows to re-roll 1 die in any action done with dice (attack, defense, manipulation...)

When in cautious stance (rest) you can only defend and re-roll.

No spell for Zoggy in the first scenario.

For the other clarifications :

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1664078/few-rules-questions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Warren
United States
NASHVILLE
UNITED STATES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. That answers all my question except for the shield question, but I think I have it figured out.

Page 7 of the Hero's book, next to the last paragraph states, 'A Hero can choose only a shield to defend against a ranged (missile), spell, or area attack'. Page 8 of the Hero's book, last section, covers armor and passive defense.

What I just noticed is, armor and shields/parry weapons have different icons. The 'armor' icon (helm) is for passive/active defense, while the 'defense' icon (shield) is only usable in active defense.

I have found at least 1 weapon with a shield, or 'active defense' icon on it - the Halberd. I assume that a Halberd would not be eligible for parry during a ranged (missile), spell, or area attack, as only a 'shield' may be chosen. Ranged can be 'blocked' but not 'parried'.

Summary:

Melee:
Passive: Armor only
Active: Purchased dice + Armor + Parry or Blocking equipment

Ranged:
Passive: Armor only
Active: Purchased dice + Armor + Blocking equipment (shield)

Thank you for assisting with the other questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NezziR wrote:
What I just noticed is, armor and shields/parry weapons have different icons. The 'armor' icon (helm) is for passive/active defense, while the 'defense' icon (shield) is only usable in active defense.

With one exception: the OL tiles from the add-on boxes incorrectly use the Shield icon when they really mean Armor. So, when dealing with the add-on tiles, if you see Shield icon with a number next to it, just mentally translate that to an Armor icon. (Shield icons never have a number next to them, except on the misprinted add-on tiles.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Warren
United States
NASHVILLE
UNITED STATES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noted. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.