Pandemic: The Cure – Experimental Meds» Forums » General

Subject: Pandemic: The Cure (EM) -The New Event Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pasko Zhelev
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello, everybody!

I have Pandemic: The Cure and I absolutely love it. I am thinking about buying the new expansion Experimental Meds.

I am interested in the new Event Cards. What are their effects and are there any interesting ones? Do they make the game easier? Can somebody provide us with a photo of them?

Thank you very much in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest Dice Tower video shows a bunch of them, starting around 1:50:

Here's a few:
Emergency Response - Move a pawn (with permission) to a region with 3 dice of the same color and move up to 2 of those dice to the treatment center.

Infection Zone Travel Ban - Ignore outbreaks until the start of the current player's next turn. Return any dice that would cause outbreaks to the infection bag.

Forecast - Before rolling dice in the "Infect Regions" step, set up to 2 of those dice to any results (except +).

Commercial Travel Ban - Reduce the infection rate by 1 until the start of the current player's next turn.

Short Term Planning - Set 1 player die to any result. This cannot affect biohazard results, but can be done before rolling dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasko Zhelev
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dang it... I suffer when I see someone already has a game I pre-ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I did with the blank event cards:

Quote:
Archive Results
(+)
Take 1 die from the Treatment Center and add it to a sample of that color held by any player in any region.

It's the Archivist's power in Event Card form. I just love the Archivist.

Quote:
Clinical Trial
(+)(+)
Move 1 Infection die from any region to the Treatment Center, then you may do the same in each region adjacent to that region.

Compare to Remote Treatment which is a bit more flexible, but this can treat more dice overall

Quote:
Sample Research Omega
(+)(+)(+)
Choose a player card. Return all player dice on it, and leave the infection dice there as Samples.

I just thought this could be really cool. If someone has a TON of samples, they are likely to cure soon anyway so the card may be a waste. But for 2-4 samples, this could be pretty powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.