Subject: No bag provided!? WTF! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that a game whose central combat mechanic is to blindly draw cubes from a bag - does not provide a bag to do so! "The bag" is even mentioned in the rulebook in 4 different places.

Even the upgraded $125 "Deluxe version" (with $195 MSRP!) which provides metal coins doesn't include a bag! It is absolute incompetence to so over-produce a game - which is NOT my complaint, I love the bling - but not to provide a core component that you NEED to play with.

I see that in the $195 version they are kind enough to provide a Velvet bag with a custom GR logo (which I understood to be an upgrade from a plain cloth bag in the other versions - after all the base rulebook mentions the bag in multiple places)

Shame on you Eagle-Gryphon Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dexposure.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to go look in the rules and the Kickstarter page, sure enough the only components list that show a bag is the Limited Edition version. I backed this game on KS at the LE version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the deluxe version and didnt get a bag. What I did get was:
Fancy box for the expansion (not needed),
Extra player boards that are not needed. At least in E:AoD they had unique powers for each nation
Boards to put the technology tiles, Covert action and Imperial Action cards on. Again these have no value for the game.

No bag was kind of a big mistake. Empires age of discovery even had a bag and it wasn't needed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would contact EGG support. I backed at the Deluxe level, and a bag was in the shipping box but was separate from the game box.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to get a bag at the deluxe level. But I did help EGG with the rulebook editing, so maybe they threw in a bag to say thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base rulebook (despite describing the bag) does not include it in the components list. The components list on the Kickstarter page also does not include it on close review (aside from "Velvet Bag" in Limited Edition - not an upgrade it turns out). Others have also stated they didn't get one either - so it looks like you got lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.