Fuel Tank
Hexamatic Aimbot
Memory Core
Omnistomp
Ripsaw
Scythe
Skewer
Speed
2. What's your least favorite Command Card?
Blaze
Chain Lightning
Cyclotron
Flamespitter
Fuel Tank
Hexamatic Aimbot
Memory Core
Omnistomp
Ripsaw
Scythe
Skewer
Speed
      94 answers
Poll created by VaultBoy

My favorite card (so far) is Scythe. It's good at the start of your turn or in the middle of your line. While it may not have the highest minion death count, I find it to be the most versatile card to have in the line up. The other turn cards have nothing on Scythe.

My least favorite card, by far, is Hexamatic Aimbot (HA). I'm really hoping that a schematic improves this card, because it's really weak. It only hits one target and there's no movement nor turning. The upgrade doesn't add enough range. If the range incremented by 2, then maybe it'd be a little more useful since you'd be able to snipe enemies with it. By comparison to the other attack Command Cards, Flamespitter (once fully upgraded) often hits 3+ and can take out 8. Chain Lightning often hits 3 and can take out 6. Ripsaw often hits 2-3. HA does 1 damage at not that far of a distance away.

I tend to only pick up HA if it's early game so that I can use them later for better Omnistomping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HA is very useful for strategic sniping... it's not meant to be used on its own, obviously. You need a mix.

Probably won't vote, though. Too much to think about. I'm far from understanding all the potential uses of the commands, yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hexamatic Aimbot is great in that it helps you increase your number of "green" cards, so you can get a level 3 omnistomp quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
For me, omnistomp is number one, because it gives you options while you need to execute it.
Memory core I find least interesting:
1. It only delivers something extra if you're the first player (which can mean, 1 in 4 turns)
2. Most cards, when drafted, can be used in different ways. Therefor, there aren't many really bad cards and you don't really need to dig deep trough the deck. So there is less need to choose from as many cards as possible... and if you have doubters in your group, it will actually make them get more to doubt about, maybe going to time because of it.

I thought fuel tank would be bad... but since it cleared the board a couple of times in an otherwise unwinnable situation, it's actually considered one of the stronger life savers.

Skewer I don't like that much... probably because its ability is often overlooked when it comes down to it. (Ow damn, I got damaged, now my controls are all different... ow, I see I had a minnion on skewer)
So that would probably be my second worst card. Aimbot being third?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
Hexamatic Aimbot is great in that it helps you increase your number of "green" cards, so you can get a level 3 omnistomp quicker.

I agree. Its best redeeming quality is that it's foundation for everyone's favorite, Omnistomp. If it happens to get a few good potshots in the meantime, all the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Memory Core is amazing because it allows you to get more available cards, so you can get your Omnistomp faster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I must add the reason Omnistomp is my favorite and probably everyone else has allot to do with the two schematic upgrades that make it probably the best card in the game once fully upgraded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omnistomp in sequence (not stacked).

A memorable moment when a friend was in the middle of a bunch of minions with a maxed out fuel tank!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell you the number of times I've seen Hexmatic Aimbot save a mission by sniping a minion that no one else could hit. Don't overlook it!

And IF there was a schematic that upgraded it, that would be pretty interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the versatility of Omnistomp.

I thought Fuel Tank was pretty weak - until the first time I chose to explode one and saw the resulting devastation!

Hexmatic Aimbolt may not cause a lot of destruction, but hitting one for sure is better than hitting none with a "dealier" attack because you aren't facing the right way!

Really, every card has a lot of good uses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
I love the versatility of Omnistomp.

I thought Fuel Tank was pretty weak - until the first time I chose to explode one and saw the resulting devastation!

Hexmatic Aimbolt may not cause a lot of destruction, but hitting one for sure is better than hitting none with a "dealier" attack because you aren't facing the right way!

Really, every card has a lot of good uses.

I never thought about using Fuel Tank as an offensive card... Might try it in my next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Different missions really do call for different cards. If you're towing the bomb, then the hexamatic aimbot is incredibly useful, as there is often just that 1 minion within range of the bomb that you need to get rid of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.