Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has announced a Destiny playmat. Is anyone planning on getting it?
https://drafts.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/1/awok...

I think I might just get it. After getting used to playing Netrunner and X-wing on playmats I have grown quite fond of picking up cards from and rolling dice on a playmat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like nothing special to me. Plus, with how expensive the Star Wars LCG 2-player mat is at my FLGS, this would probably also cost a fortune. I'll just play on one of the LCG mats I already have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My internet self-diagnosed mild OCD (har har) is offended by the presence of two melee damage icons and two discard icons per side. Why? Why would you do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pricing is 24.99 for a 2 player mat. That's not bad actually! just follow the link to the star was destiny accessories page its listed right there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Megalodon360 wrote:
Pricing is 24.99 for a 2 player mat. That's not bad actually! just follow the link to the star was destiny accessories page its listed right there!

And the LCG playmat is 30$. But that doesn't include shipping, which would probably be quite a lot for me, given my location. And that same LCG playmat costs 45 euros at my FLGS, so the Destiny one would probably be 35-40. No thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the fact that it is a bit larger than the regular LCG mats. Come to think of it, I will probably just play on my X-Wing starfield mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
To me it seems like a good enough price point, but I'd rather spend the $25-$30 on an extra 7-9 boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Christgau
United States
Joelton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bingo
Deebs wrote:
I like the fact that it is a bit larger than the regular LCG mats. Come to think of it, I will probably just play on my X-Wing starfield mat.

This. Plus I have several choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Brower
msg tools
I don't typically use playmats in my games, but I would make an exception here if it identified the different zones (Character, Support, Battlefield, dice pool, etc.). The one FFG is offering doesn't seem to do that, so I will look later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Playmats are very comfortable to play on. They make cards easier to pick up (never had a card too flat on the surface it just slides when you try to pick it up ?), and they make dice roll smoother.

Therefore of course I'd love to get a nice one for SWestiny. But this one looks too plain for my taste. Maybe they will issue another one later on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Piorkowski
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
I picked it up last night. Haven't had a chance to play on it. Figured it didn't hurt and had the extra money. I'll get to utilize it in a day or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.