Subject: Question about Hades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Pifferi
Italy
reggio Emilia
Emilia-Romagna
flag msg tools
Hi, yesterday I played a couples of game with my gf at this wonderful game with the expansion. But I had a doubt about activating the god Hades:
If I activate him can I put in my city one of the great temple cards?
Because that could lead to have one player with 4 great temple cards at the end of the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
well you can't, great temple cards are not discarded but set aside in a box after 3 of them being shuffled into 3rd age deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
well you can't, great temple cards are not discarded but set aside in a box after 3 of them being shuffled into 3rd age deck

I agree, and to elaborate a bit: all the cards discarded at the start of the game (three cards form each age, all unused guilds/temples) are put back in the box.

All powers using discarded cards choose from among those discarded during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Pifferi
Italy
reggio Emilia
Emilia-Romagna
flag msg tools
Oh god, you're right guys I read bad the rules about Hades: infact it has the same power as the Mausoleum! In the italian rules I skipped just a letter and that changed the meaning of "since" in "at"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
Gregaria wrote:
All powers using discarded cards choose from among those discarded during the game.

Yes, with the (only, I think) exception being the Statue of Liberty Wonder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
azyd wrote:
Gregaria wrote:

Yes, with the (only, I think) exception being the Statue of Liberty Wonder.

Yes, indeed Statue is an exception (although technically speaking its only interaction with the discard pile is adding a card to it):

rules wrote:

Take the three cards of the current Age which were returned to the box during the game’s setup. Choose and construct one for free, place one in the discard pile, and your opponent constructs the third for free.

They could have been a bit more explicit here to exclude the 2 great temple cards put back into the box. But for me "the three cards of the current age" and the fact, that no scoring for more than 3 great temples is evident, is clear enough.

Btw. both promo wonders are excellent design wise and a must have (like everything else ;-))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.