Subject: Questions about the spikewall, scrapping, repair and Skewer card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Octavio Armenta
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have some questions that I hope somebody can help me with:

1) How does the spikewall damage works? the damage is if I'm placed in a square that has a spikewall, or do I take damage if I push against the spikewall? This would imply actually staying on the square would make you take damage.

2) Scrapping needs to happen before anyone does their command line? Can we wait to see what happens before our turn so we scrap what we need?

3) If I do multiple turns(90,180) when on a repair pad do I repair 1 damage on the next turn, or do I need to move out of the repair pad and be above it again to do another repair?

4) The minion you "save" in the skewer card counts immediately towards your gear rating or I have to wait to "use" the minion I saved in the skewer card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You have to move into the wall to get damaged by the spike wall.

2) If by scrapping you mean placing your card(s) on your Command Line, everybody has to do it before anybody start performing their Command Line.

3) You only repair when you move onto the repair pad. Turning on it doesn't repair you.

4) Immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sr Kitsune wrote:
I have some questions that I hope somebody can help me with:

1) How does the spikewall damage works? the damage is if I'm placed in a square that has a spikewall, or do I take damage if I push against the spikewall? This would imply actually staying on the square would make you take damage.

I've interpreted it as anything that would move you into that edge. Being in the space is fine.

I'm not sure about this one, but the rules hint that the amount of damage is taken is one, regardless of how many movement spaces you had left, too. I've been sitting on this one before asking the devs exactly what was meant ...

Quote:
2) Scrapping needs to happen before anyone does their command line? Can we wait to see what happens before our turn so we scrap what we need?

No. You scrap during the programming step. Everyone must program their Mechs before you start executing any of their programs.

Quote:
3) If I do multiple turns(90,180) when on a repair pad do I repair 1 damage on the next turn, or do I need to move out of the repair pad and be above it again to do another repair?

The rule is triggered when you 'move onto' a Repair Pad. Thus, you need to move off and on again. Turning is not enough. The same goes for Lava Pools, you won't take damage from turning on Lava.

Quote:
4) The minion you "save" in the skewer card counts immediately towards your gear rating or I have to wait to "use" the minion I saved in the skewer card?

It counts immediately. Add another Minion from the reserve to the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These answers are correct.

Clipper wrote:

I'm not sure about this one, but the rules hint that the amount of damage is taken is one, regardless of how many movement spaces you had left, too.

Spike Walls can damage you for 1 damage per slot, not per point of movement. So a triple stack speed aimed right a a spike wall would do one damage. But Speeds in slots 5 and 6 would do two (assuming the first point of damage doesn't rotate you).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Octavio Armenta
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the quick replies.

I think my second questions wasn't clear enough I meant:
2) Scrapping and repairing needs to happen before anyone does their command line? Can we wait to see what happens before our turn so we can repair what we need?

But I think the answer is that placing command cards and scrapping (either for repair or swap slots) needs to happen before playing any command line. Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sr Kitsune wrote:
But I think the answer is that placing command cards and scrapping (either for repair or swap slots) needs to happen before playing any command line. Am I right?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Ramirez T.
Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Please I need an step by step example of tthe spike wall because we have a discution about this: my friends say thatif you enter the space then you have damage and if you are in the space and anyone "push you" they cant then push you and dont have damage!! Please help us on this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
royalfa wrote:
Please I need an step by step example of tthe spike wall because we have a discution about this: my friends say thatif you enter the space then you have damage and if you are in the space and anyone "push you" they cant then push you and dont have damage!! Please help us on this

First thing's first: You take damage from a Spike Wall when you try to move from a space that is bordered by a Spike Wall in the direction of the Spike Wall. It is not something tied to the space, but to the wall of the space.

The above counts regardless of the reason you are moving, whether you are executing your Command Line, resolving Damage, or have been pushed into the wall by another Mech.

Whenever this happens, you perform the following steps:

1: Lose any remaining movement from whatever was moving you.

2: Finish off anything else which happens after the movement of the card or effect which moved you (e.g., if you were using Blaze, you attack the spaces to your left and right).

3: Choose whether to mitigate the Damage Card you are about to draw if you can (Fuel Tank, Skewered Minion, Barrel Roll, etc.). If you do, resolve that effect then go to step 5.

4: Draw 1 damage card and resolve it.

5: Continue the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up questions:

1) if I move toward spikewall using Skewer in slot 3, then get a damage which makes me move forward (toward the spikewall), I draw amother damage card, right?

2) if the "move forward 1 step" damage card gained from case 1) is then slotted in slot 4, I execute it again after executing the second damage card, drawing a third damage card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
1) if I move toward spikewall using Skewer in slot 3, then get a damage which makes me move forward (toward the spikewall), I draw amother damage card, right?

Yes, if the new damage were to push you into the Spike Wall too, then that is a new instance of damage and you would need to take more damage. Slot the first damage card (assuming it is a slot card) before drawing the next one, though.

Quote:
2) if the "move forward 1 step" damage card gained from case 1) is then slotted in slot 4, I execute it again after executing the second damage card, drawing a third damage card?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Damage resolution can get particularly painful going through what we referred to as the corridor of death. You'll know it when you see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.