Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Wade
United Kingdom
Llandeilo
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The unique assets card Sacrifices to make reads:

When you perform a focus action, you may spend 1 health to place 1 health on this card. Then you may flip this card.

The rules say

As an action an investigator on any space gains one Focus Token.
An investigator cannot have more than 2 focus tokens.

If I already have 2 focus tokens can i still perform a focus action without gaining the focus token to take advantage of sacrifices to make? I'm thinking no as you never gain the focus token so don't really have any sacrifice to make. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Guvnor wrote:
If I already have 2 focus tokens can I still perform a focus action
Yes, you can.
The same way you can perform a Prepare For Travel Action even if you already have two tickets, or perform a Rest Action when you haven't lost any Health nor Sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
haroth9842 wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:
If I already have 2 focus tokens can I still perform a focus action
Yes, you can.
The same way you can perform a Prepare For Travel Action even if you already have two tickets, or perform a Rest Action when you haven't lost any Health nor Sanity.

Agreed. Many effects rely on the Focus Action to trigger. Gaining a focus token is just the main benefit of taking that action. If having 2 tokens stopped you doing a Focus action then it would become a liability preventing you taking advantage of other beneficial effects.

I have submitted clarification to FFg anyhow to get this set in stone as I know that this very issue is a consideration in Catweazles current YouTube play-through. Which I recommend every Boardgamer go see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorted and clarified!

Hello Anthony,

An investigator can perform the Focus Action even if she has two Focus tokens. However, she will not gain additional Focus above two.

Likewise, an investigator can perform the Rest Action even if she has full Health and/or Sanity. She will not recover Health or Sanity above her maximum, but other effects will still trigger, such as removing Injury or Madness Condition.

Thanks for playing!
~ Nikki Valens
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wade
United Kingdom
Llandeilo
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrimGuvna wrote:
Sorted and clarified!

Hello Anthony,

An investigator can perform the Focus Action even if she has two Focus tokens. However, she will not gain additional Focus above two.

Likewise, an investigator can perform the Rest Action even if she has full Health and/or Sanity. She will not recover Health or Sanity above her maximum, but other effects will still trigger, such as removing Injury or Madness Condition.

Thanks for playing!
~ Nikki Valens
Fantasy Flight Games

Awsome job Tony! Thanks all for the quick replys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.