$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card 98A - Nobleman rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Ferreira
Portugal
Viseu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night this one come up for a friend, and we could not see how this could be usefull. Situational at best, not even with a great gain (2 silver for a silk), and worst of all we tried to figure out where to get grain, only to find out there is not one single place to get it either on actions or on bonus on the boards.

Should i remove this from the deck? Thoughts? Did i missed something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Shayko
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, this card is worth two points. Any card worth 2+ pts is one I am happy to draw. If I had this card, I would avoid eating the free grain I get through the harvest in order to use the power 4 times which is essentially giving you 8 free covering spots, since silk is 4 spaces as opposed to the two coins you pay.

So if I draw this one early, I don't eat my grain and think of it as a future 10 point card. If I draw it late, hey it is 2 points.

Of course if you could get more grain through an occupation, it would be better, but that is probably overkill.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Ferreira
Portugal
Viseu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point i missed the 2 points on the card itself. Correct me if i'm wrong, but you onlye get 1 grain the whole game, when harvest marked "2" comes up on second turn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Shayko
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The grain has a 2 on it, so you get it on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th harvest. I did say in error that you would get it 4 times, that actually is 3 since you don't get it that 1st harvest.

I do think you are misunderstanding what you do get on a harvest.

Harvest 1: Gain all goods with 1 on them
Harvest 2: Gain all goods with 1 and 2 on them
Harvest 3: Gain all goods with 1, 2 and 3 on them
Harvest 4: Gain all goods with 1,2,3 and 4 on them
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ydernola wrote:
Good point i missed the 2 points on the card itself. Correct me if i'm wrong, but you onlye get 1 grain the whole game, when harvest marked "2" comes up on second turn?


That harvest isn't marked 2, it's 1-2: you get all the crops marked 1 and 2. The next harvest is marked 1-3: you get all crops marked 1, 2, and 3. The final harvest (in a long game) is marked 1-4, you get all goods marked 1, 2, 3, and 4. So you get them during that harvest and every harvest thereafter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Ferreira
Portugal
Viseu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers all, i misread it and thought it was only the goods depicted on the board duh!

Anyway, it's interesting that the item is not available anywhere else...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ydernola wrote:
Cheers all, i misread it and thought it was only the goods depicted on the board duh!

Anyway, it's interesting that the item is not available anywhere else...


Funny enough, I got that card yesterday and was desperately searching the action board for where to get grain.

A quick search in the appendix showed, that there are a couple of cards you can get grain with, so these would work tremendously good together. But it would require some luck to get those paired.
(49C, 93C, 124B, 169C, 171C, 183C)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy en Stoj
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You also need to mix decks for that (since Nobleman is in A deck).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
niczone wrote:
First off, this card is worth two points. Any card worth 2+ pts is one I am happy to draw. If I had this card, I would avoid eating the free grain I get through the harvest in order to use the power 4 times which is essentially giving you 8 free covering spots, since silk is 4 spaces as opposed to the two coins you pay.


98A gets an additional boost from 171A.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.