Bobby Doran
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW - I just watched the TRANSFORMERS trailer #2 for about the 6th time.
It looks like it's going to be great. I know there will be some on here that will say it should have been done this way or that way. I don't care what the critics say. This movie looks INSANE. I KNOW I will enjoy it. It actually gave me chills while watching the trailer.
If you haven't seen it yet, you can see it at themoviebox.net. Go to the trailers and make sure you download the biggest hi-res version your system can handle and crank the speakers! The last shot on the freeway looks so real. They're really dialling in the CGI.

Ga'head, tell me wat ya think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
There is a reason I am staying way from watching it. I know I will hate it so instead of watching it and bitching about it like alot of people are going to do, I just wont watch it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb

This ain't MY Megatron!!!

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nieman
United States
Simi Valley
California (CA)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. Normally, I despise Michael Bay films. Don't even get me started on the guy's work. It'll have me grinding my teeth at night.

Anyway, this Transformers film was announced, to be directed by Mr. Bay, and my interest was ZERO, nil, nada, ain't NEVER seeing this film EVER, EVER, EVER.

Then, I saw the first trailer, and guess what? I'm hooked. What can I say? I'm a movie lemming.

Oh. And the best part is that I've never seen the Transformers TV show. When the show came out, my interest in them was nil, zilch. These trailers kick ass, and I won't be offended if my favorite Autobot isn't animated correctly because I know nothing about it.

That said, I respect any Transformers fan's decision not to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Octavian wrote:

-MMM

thats megatron? You cant be serioous!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Megatron...are you ready for your closeup?

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
I can read you mind
badge
I am the eye in the sky, looking at you. I can read you mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools. i can cheat you blind. And I don't need to see anymore to know that....
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I will admit that the trailers look cool, and even though I HATED the cartoon, I want to see the movie. I just hope that it manages to explain how/why these aliens from another world/galaxy/dimension/etc can manage to transform themselves so handily into exact replicas of human-created vehicles? I would really like to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Octavian wrote:
Mr. Megatron...are you ready for your closeup?

-MMM

Now I definatly wont be going to see the movie. Megatron is supposed to look evil and tough, this just looks like an average lego robot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

Oh, give me a *$&%in break.

You mean not your Megatron that turned into a gun?
Or the one with the fusion cannon arm?
Or did you mean the M1 Tank?
Or maybe the one that was a Porsche?
Or the bright green one that became an alligator?
Maybe nerf launching Megatron?

I'm sorry, everyone complaining abut changes is absolutely out of left field whining. Transformers radically changed in appearance and personality from series to series.

The show was merely a serialized commercial. Any thoughts about 'canon' or 'continuity' were thrown out on a regular basis.

This is merely the next iteration.

And for James Davis claiming that Megatron is supposed to look evil - take a look at the powder blue porsche Megatron who wouldn't even be able to see past his own chest. Laughable and clown like.

We won't consider the one with scales...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poochie D
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
dogzard wrote:
OK, I will admit that the trailers look cool, and even though I HATED the cartoon, I want to see the movie. I just hope that it manages to explain how/why these aliens from another world/galaxy/dimension/etc can manage to transform themselves so handily into exact replicas of human-created vehicles? I would really like to know.
In the comics and TV show, the Transformers were modified by a crash-landed space ship to resemble dominant "wildlife" on Earth (cars, trucks, jets, etc.). Animals weren't considered wildlife because they were too small -- except for dinosaurs, which explains the Dinobots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just excited to see the Giant cassette player take on the US Army.

"Cries and screams are music to my ears."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the videos with the insecticon, Grimlock, LazerBeak, and VW Beetle Bumblebee...it's a shame they (probably) won't be in the movie, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Chuck Singer)
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my reservations about going to see a "Transformers" movie based on early script reports.

The trailer though, makes me giddy as all giddup to see a "Giant Transforming Robots Movie starring Optimus Prime". Man, it does look awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I watched the trailer...pretty damn good. While I would have prefered the gun Mega-tron, I can certainly live with what he is. And Optimus is unchanged, so that is all good too. Bumblebee a camero? Sure.

I'm just worried about certain plot issues. There better be some in-fighting between Starscream and Mega-tron, and I wouldn't mind some history of where they came from and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a fan, I'll be watching it with my wife for the simple reason that ... well, we're fans. (And lemmings, I suppose.)

I still prefer 'Beast Wars', though.

(Heck, here's a link to a site I used to frequent. It's become a ghost town now, but much of my work remains buried on the 15th page of the 'FanFic' section ...

http://pub70.ezboard.com/biaconliterarysociety

... if anyone's interested.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Spiderman 3 and Shrek 3 are both terrible, we'll hope this one is okay. Actually, I think HP 5 is going to be the great one. That is the preview that looks the best.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. Maybe I'm too old to be a fan boy now, but I watched the trailer and it didn't do anything for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
I can read you mind
badge
I am the eye in the sky, looking at you. I can read you mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools. i can cheat you blind. And I don't need to see anymore to know that....
mbmbmbmbmb
hacksword wrote:
dogzard wrote:
In the comics and TV show, the Transformers were modified by a crash-landed space ship to resemble dominant "wildlife" on Earth (cars, trucks, jets, etc.). Animals weren't considered wildlife because they were too small -- except for dinosaurs, which explains the Dinobots.

Ohhhh........
Of course, that brings up the question of how they learned to mimic both cars and dinosaurs. Some type of time warp thingy, right?

BTW, Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
dogzard wrote:
hacksword wrote:
dogzard wrote:

Ohhhh........
Of course, that brings up the question of how they learned to mimic both cars and dinosaurs. Some type of time warp thingy, right?

BTW, Thanks.

well if you go back to the first series, when the dinobots were created by the autobots you see why they were chosen to be dinosaurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard that they got the original voice actor from the cartoon series for Optimus Prime.

Can't tell if that makes it better or worse.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Purists are so amusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't be humble you're not that great -- Golda Meir
mbmbmb
I swear to god if they get Holly Marie Combs to play Witchy Poo in the new H.R. Puffin Stuff movie, I am definitely NOT going to go see it.(Unless she's nude, then all bets are off) Try and ruin the sanctity of MY childhood will they !?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Chuck Singer)
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Report from a test screening confirms that towards the end, Megatron gets mad and yells at Starscream, making some fans happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls