Subject: Card ability and Value question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Allmon
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a card has a value (Snake staff I think is an example) that has some abilities like add +1 fight to a weapon used or roll a D6 and there is various effects that trigger, does that "ability" HAVE to be triggered? In other words, could I just use the card for its straight value or do I always have to use the ability as well. Example would be I believe snake staff is a vorpal value 2. On a d6 1 is lose sanity, 2-5 is no effect, and 6 is double the vorpal value. If I play it, can I just use it for 2 vorpal and NOT roll the d6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gameline146 wrote:
If a card has a value (Snake staff I think is an example) that has some abilities like add +1 fight to a weapon used or roll a D6 and there is various effects that trigger, does that "ability" HAVE to be triggered? In other words, could I just use the card for its straight value or do I always have to use the ability as well. Example would be I believe snake staff is a vorpal value 2. On a d6 1 is lose sanity, 2-5 is no effect, and 6 is double the vorpal value. If I play it, can I just use it for 2 vorpal and NOT roll the d6?

Pretty sure the answer is no. The d6 roll is like the cost of using the item and can't be avoided. I can't remember what the name is, but I got a sword that provided 12 fight (!) at the cost of losing sanity each time I used it.

I used it. A lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.