Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After much Googling, I'm still unable to find any good resources to explain what the problem I'm having is caused by.

I have several files I made in Excel 2010, or at least they fully function in Excel 2010 (several macros and some VBA code). When these files are opened with Excel 2013, none of the VBA code works. Even if I make a new control and write new code, I can't seem to get any VBA code to do anything. If I make a wholly new file, then I have no problem, so it's not an issue with my code. There is something going on with the file, some attribute or permission or something that prevents the older file from performing properly.

Any ideas? The pain-in-the-ass workaround would be to make a new file and port everything over, but that's a last resort solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
When you open the file (in Excel), does it give you a blurb just below the ribbon about being from an untrusted source? If so, clicking on that should let you enable macros. With Excel 2013 I seem to get that whenever I open a spreadsheet off a network folder, even though I have done the bit that's supposed to trust the local network.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:
When you open the file (in Excel), does it give you a blurb just below the ribbon about being from an untrusted source? If so, clicking on that should let you enable macros. With Excel 2013 I seem to get that whenever I open a spreadsheet off a network folder, even though I have done the bit that's supposed to trust the local network.

And, depending on your (Excel) security settings, that blurb might not even show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Verdigris97 wrote:
Cringing Dragon wrote:

And, depending on your (Excel) security settings, that blurb might not even show up.
And Group Policy beats us down again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just deleted the files I had been working on and recopied the original file that I've been using in 2010. I opened the copied file in 2013, and it now seems to be working. Maybe the other files I had been working with were corrupted or something. It complaining about some of the macros being tied to another file, but I don't think that's a big deal.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.