$30.00
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I grew up watching my two older brothers scream and yell playing Blood Bowl. At first I thought they need help and they have issues but one day I was sooo bored i decided give BB a try and since i had nothing to do i thought i can participate and make fun of them. I fell in love instantly !

My brothers realized I was in to it so they designed all female Amazon girls from various market (not just GW).

Since then not a day goes by without BB being part of my life.

We have 30 male/female teams/factions and 16 all female races in two leagues.

With the arrival of the new edition, do we start supporting GW and BB-4th edition ? because you know GW and their history of Marketing which is
(if the sales are not supporting they will NOT publish new products).

Or

should we stick with the 3rd edition as acquiring all these teams over the years was a 2nd/3rd job investment for my brothers and I.

Would you keep them, still play with them or sale them ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Mora
Spain
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I would keep them! All the time and love spent on those teams has to be saved.

At most I'd change the bases if the new edition changes the size. But knowing my speed I'd probably prefer to leave the old ones.

Read you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just you wait.
badge
There's a million things I haven't done.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruneleschi wrote:
Hi,

I would keep them! All the time and love spent on those teams has to be saved.

At most I'd change the bases if the new edition changes the size. But knowing my speed I'd probably prefer to leave the old ones.

Read you!

Buying the new box for sure. Will probably use the teams, and supplement with additional models. I have other humans and orcs, but it's always nice to have teams to loan out to leaguemates.

As new teams arrive, I'll definitely check them out, even though I don't need any. I will absolutely keep all my old teams (hell, I still have a lot of them to paint...) The one thing GW could do that would really alienate me would be to force me to get rid of them by changing team rosters, etc., in the game. (Which it appears they're not doing.)

I'd like to see a nice Lizardman team released. If GW is smart, they'll make the rules official for Bretonnians, and release models, because there hasn't been a third-party team released yet. Not saying people would love that, but it'd be a way to sell new teams.

Honestly, though, I don't think I'm the market for this new edition--I'm the marketing. Long-time BB players have been pushing this game on people for years; now they just have a chance to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
I've dropped in and out of Blood Bowl over the years. I actually did sell all my 3rd edition stuff a couple of years ago but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting this 4th edition - it just looks too pretty to pass on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll most likely be buying the new box. I've spent way too much time and money on the game to give up my earlier teams, though. I'll use all of the original teams, and maybe (or maybe not) purchase new releases if I like them.

Definitely not rebasing old teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
I will just stick with my good old 3rd edition, for several reasons.

* My 3rd edition is perfectly good, and the 4th doesn't look like it's bringing enough for me to switch to it.
* I know GW marketing. They're known to milk their customers so I'm not throwing money at them for the sake of it.
* I'm happy they're reviving Blood Bowl, but I don't care if they stop. I can buy third party teams if I want more races.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Living Rule Book 6th Edition is light years ahead of any rules GW will release, and since they are just re-releasing 3rd edition outdated rules, in my opinion, the only thing the new box has of value is a new take on the board, templates, cards and new plastic minis, which are basically just new team sculpts.

For new players or people who do not have their own copy of 3rd edition, 4th edition is a good way to get into the game. For experienced BB players that already have teams and are aware of the LRB 6.0, it doesn't bring much to the line of scrimmage. I love all my painted teams and feel no need to replace them, unless GW happens to release a previously unavailable team that I want to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just you wait.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dajebriza wrote:
The Living Rule Book 6th Edition is light years ahead of any rules GW will release, and since they are just re-releasing 3rd edition outdated rules, in my opinion, the only thing the new box has of value is a new take on the board, templates, cards and new plastic minis, which are basically just new team sculpts.

For new players or people who do not have their own copy of 3rd edition, 4th edition is a good way to get into the game. For experienced BB players that already have teams and are aware of the LRB 6.0, it doesn't bring much to the line of scrimmage. I love all my painted teams and feel no need to replace them, unless GW happens to release a previously unavailable team that I want to play with.

I don't disagree with any of your fundamental opinions here, but they're not re-releasing with 3E rules--it's going to be LRB6 (with one change we know of so far--human catchers got a 10K discount). They definitely seem to be doing the new release the way current players would want. For old players, it's definitely very optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep. Only think 4th edition offers is a new money pit, that I won't get sucked into. Base + Death Zone + 10 teams + several Star Players = more than enough material for BB games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think old time players with full leagues worth of teams are the primary targets for the release. It's a entry point for new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, considering the vast improvement in miniatures' size and detail over the past 15 years I would think at least some BB veterans are thinking about upgrading. But I suppose that would only be those who enjoy the painting/modelling side of the hobby.

It also looks like these minis might have suffered from the 28 - 30 mm size creep. Does anyone know what these look like next to old school BB minis? I just wonder how they would look on the table . . . lots of GW's "28mm" stuff is 32mm or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just you wait.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
Well, considering the vast improvement in miniatures' size and detail over the past 15 years I would think at least some BB veterans are thinking about upgrading. But I suppose that would only be those who enjoy the painting/modelling side of the hobby.

It also looks like these minis might have suffered from the 28 - 30 mm size creep. Does anyone know what these look like next to old school BB minis? I just wonder how they would look on the table . . . lots of GW's "28mm" stuff is 32mm or more.

They're bigger, (which is acknowledged and intentional) and supplied with larger bases, but they're not outrageous:

(Image swiped from here since I couldn't link it... The new minis are in back)

Some third-party manufacturers have made larger ones well before this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Taylor
msg tools
Blood Bowl 4 ever wrote:
I grew up watching my two older brothers scream and yell playing Blood Bowl. At first I thought they need help and they have issues but one day I was sooo bored i decided give BB a try and since i had nothing to do i thought i can participate and make fun of them. I fell in love instantly !

My brothers realized I was in to it so they designed all female Amazon girls from various market (not just GW).

Since then not a day goes by without BB being part of my life.

We have 30 male/female teams/factions and 16 all female races in two leagues.

With the arrival of the new edition, do we start supporting GW and BB-4th edition ? because you know GW and their history of Marketing which is
(if the sales are not supporting they will NOT publish new products).

Or

should we stick with the 3rd edition as acquiring all these teams over the years was a 2nd/3rd job investment for my brothers and I.

Would you keep them, still play with them or sale them ?

I would support the new edition. Setting aside the sales aspect, or the quality of the new product. Supporting the new product that will be available to all new players, you can help recruit some fresh blood into the game. A larger player base helps everyone!

There is no discernible reason that the two need be mutually exclusive. In fact, I would use your existing collection as is in the updated set to have extra teams for people to use and try out. Feel free to bask in the role of a BB veteran and get as many new players as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.