Tyler Durden
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I need to use the hats for the siesta plan to move towards the game end?
or does EVERY hat i use move my marker forward even if i use it for market waggons or to get more workes (last worker)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not used revenues have to be written off. You just remove the discs from your board.

You use your sombreros either to move up the track OR cross it off elsewehere.

Having explained this it leaves me with the comment that I can hardly imagine a situation when you not want a hat on your track. Those situations are really rare...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:

Having explained this it leaves me with the comment that I can hardly imagine a situation when you not want a hat on your track. Those situations are really rare...

When you want to stall the game to finish crossing off other parts of your board. Pretty common I would say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
onetonmee wrote:
bayerbube wrote:

When you want to stall the game to finish crossing off other parts of your board. Pretty common I would say.

I know that. Still ... I was just giving some tactical hint... ;-)

But I don't want to tell you guys how to play. Find out yourself! That's the fun of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The VPs they give is tempting! 

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
bayerbube wrote:

After our first 2p play both sheets were nearly filled and the game was longer than I would like it to be... So this is not the way how it is supposed to be played, I believe

At first I thought that if the hats were worth 2p, it might speed it up but it might be off balance?

So I guess this should be something like race for the hats, with pauses to fill other places too? :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Polda wrote:
bayerbube wrote:

After our first 2p play both sheets were nearly filled and the game was longer than I would like it to be... So this is not the way how it is supposed to be played, I believe

At first I thought that if the hats were worth 2p, it might speed it up but it might be off balance?

So I guess this should be something like race for the hats, with pauses to fill other places too? :-)

Played this for the first time last night, and had the same thing - both of us nearly had a full board. We were using the 2 player draft variant, so I wonder if we use the re-roll after first draft, then more hats will be available (assuming they are picked after the initial roll) and therefore the game will be shorter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal D
Canada
flag msg tools
Played for the first time with two players this morning. I had an almost full board also and its seems our game was just never going to end. We were not rolling any siesta dice...

I don't understand why the end game is only trigger with one player getting to the end of the fiesta track. Since we are talking about a dice game, there should be another end game trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.