Subject: Omens of the Deep - new expansion announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/2/omens-o...

Edit: Yay, Skills return!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No hints at a release date... or am I blind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Julia!? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to know when this comes out haha!!! WANT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IT DOESN'T FIT INTO THE BASE BOX ALREADY! ARGH! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, CTHULHU? WHY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand "These formidable foes can also overrun The Ultima Thule, destroying the investigators’ only safe haven" correctly, monsters can now appear on the entry card. This is something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
If I understand "These formidable foes can also overrun The Ultima Thule, destroying the investigators’ only safe haven" correctly, monsters can now appear on the entry card. This is something new.

IDK about that, there's no spot for a monster on the ship card....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
haroth9842 wrote:

IDK about that, there's no spot for a monster on the ship card....
A predetermined spot would allow any monster to appear there any time.
The article only says that the Deep One Legion can appear there. It would probably be an effect telling that "A Deep One Legion appears at the Ultima Thule!" or something like that.
The game has no problems with monsters appearing with no spot prepared for them, this happens from the very beginning - when no empty spots are left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
IT DOESN'T FIX INTO THE BASE BOX ALREADY! ARGH! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, CTHULHU? WHY!

Haven't you got your Elder Sign Trunk? How else do you keep your artifacts safe from burgling cultists and supernatural mishaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an insert that let's you fit everything in the original box. The lid sits a little high, but that's a small price to pay.

http://go7gaming.com/product/lgc-003-v2-insert/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
IT DOESN'T FIX INTO THE BASE BOX ALREADY! ARGH! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, CTHULHU? WHY!

That's not really a problem, since almost all expansions have optional content that you don't use every time, so keeping them in their own boxes is just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
borsook wrote:
rattkin wrote:

That's not really a problem, since almost all expansions have optional content that you don't use every time, so keeping them in their own boxes is just fine.

At first I didnt get the expansions, but when I realized this, I went for it.

I keep Unseen Forces with the Base Set, but Gates of Arkham is stored separately...those are the only 2 I have so far. Probably have to grab Omens of Ice before this one releases and has my attention!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Harl wrote:
Here's an insert that let's you fit everything in the original box. The lid sits a little high, but that's a small price to pay.

http://go7gaming.com/product/lgc-003-v2-insert/

It shows 3 expansions in there, with the base set, but I wonder how well sleeved cards would fit in there...hmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier Bocquet
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best news I've read on here for a while!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
rattkin wrote:

I have 5 bookcases of games. Ran out of space a year ago so now cramming everything into as small as space as possible is important, I think other people can relate to space and storage when it comes to boardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
Barely had time to play Omens of Ice...

The Call of Cthulhu expansion from the Omens app is really fun to play, so this should be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
rattkin wrote:

Haven't you got your Elder Sign Trunk? How else do you keep your artifacts safe from burgling cultists and supernatural mishaps?

I was just wondering how I could put all of the sets in one, neat little package. Thia should do nicely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
borsook wrote:
rattkin wrote:

At first I didnt get the expansions, but when I realized this, I went for it.

I keep Unseen Forces with the Base Set, but Gates of Arkham is stored separately...those are the only 2 I have so far. Probably have to grab Omens of Ice before this one releases and has my attention!

I use a photo box for my ES set, using a beading container for the smaller chits (and skill/event markers when I implement that into the museum). I use the Unseen Forces for the museum deck, Investigators, Ancient Ones, and Other World, while using the Gates of Arkham box for the Arkham Adventures and the exclusive components that I couldn't easily meld into the museum (Gang Memberships and the Riot Monster, unless if it would be okay to mix in the riot into the museum). Though, once I get both Omens expansions I might have to rethink all of that <_<. Also thinking on using a pawn or a different way to track doom to get rid of all of those teeny tiny doom tracker chits that are in the game (Easy to lose and they look almost identical to the 'blanks' on the AO doom track)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lomdr wrote:
I use a photo box for my ES set, using a beading container for the smaller chits (and skill/event markers when I implement that into the museum). ... Also thinking on using a pawn or a different way to track doom to get rid of all of those teeny tiny doom tracker chits that are in the game (Easy to lose and they look almost identical to the 'blanks' on the AO doom track)

I also use a photo box, but it's full-to-bursting now, and I may well get myself a trunk after this next expansion. For the Doom Track, I use a d12, which I also turn to show the ordinal position. I have red and blue d8 that I use for stamina and sanity tracking too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
rattkin wrote:

... put them into a smelly sock? (*cowers in fear*)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was literally contemplating doing a custom expansion based on this so thanks FFG for doing the work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington VA
flag msg tools
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
nice nice nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:

It is Cthulhu, haven't you figured our the ritual that allows you store more inside than it appears on the outside?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
godzilla999666 wrote:
rattkin wrote:

It is Cthulhu, haven't you figured our the ritual that allows you store more inside than it appears on the outside?

Hint: It's bigger on the inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:

It's

a

slooooow

descent

into

madness....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.