Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
if you get 3 factories built and complete the factory objective, but then durin the same session, one of the factories blows up due to a riot, is the objective still considered complete, or do you need to build another one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RE: Box 7 Spoilers
Please remove spoilers from thread title and put "Spoilers for November/December" in your thread title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Herbertz
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: "have 3 vaccine factories on the board" objective
This is just my interpretation, but I would rule that objectives cannot un-complete after their completion. As soon as you get the 3 factories, the card is turned face down and the objective is completed. It does not matter what happens later.

EDIT: Unless the card reads "have 3 factories at the end of the game," or something of that sort, in which case it would not trigger. I have to check the wording...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webster
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
Totally NOT a Cylon!
badge
Keep watching... he eventually makes it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I just happened to see this on the Front Page of BGG. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Please remove spoilers from thread title and put "Spoilers for November/December" in your thread title.

"Box 7 spoilers" might be technically more accurate. But definitely spoilers.

@ the original question: I don't know if there's an official answer, but I'd play that you have to have 3 at the end of the game, like the earlier quarantine objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Spoiler question for nov/december objective
Wow, very sorry everybody about that. Being a year after shipping, I totally forgot about spoilers. My bad, apologies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KaiHerbertz wrote:
This is just my interpretation, but I would rule that objectives cannot un-complete after their completion. As soon as you get the 3 factories, the card is turned face down and the objective is completed. It does not matter what happens later.

EDIT: Unless the card reads "have 3 factories at the end of the game," or something of that sort, in which case it would not trigger. I have to check the wording...

Yeah, we decided that it couldn't uncomplete since the quarantine city objective specifically spells out how it can be undone and this one doesn't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
KaiHerbertz wrote:

Yeah, we decided that it couldn't uncomplete since the quarantine city objective specifically spells out how it can be undone and this one doesn't

I think generally any objective has to be complete at the specific time you're claiming a game win. Pandemic Legacy quite frequently spells stuff out the first time and then doesn't bother when similar things happen again (for example, the circles meaning "open these dossier windows in this order").

Also, objectives that are destroyed mid-game don't count towards a win even if you completed them before the objective (e.g. "have a military bases in each region" in the game when you open box 6) so that makes me feel the game's effectively just continually counting "how many of the objectives are currently complete?" and when it hits the number for the month, you win. But if an objective is destroyed or "uncompleted" mid-game, it will no longer be in your count.

That's how I'm playing it anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
KaiHerbertz wrote:

The precise wording is "Have 3 vaccine factories on the board". It's a little ambiguous, but I lean towards needing to have them at the instant you want to win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
KaiHerbertz wrote:

The precise wording is "Have 3 vaccine factories on the board". It's a little ambiguous, but I lean towards needing to have them at the instant you want to win the game.

Agreed. That wording clearly indicates that the factories need to still be in existence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
clivej wrote:
KaiHerbertz wrote:

Agreed. That wording clearly indicates that the factories need to still be in existence.

Yup, that's reasonable, but otoh there's the issue that it is explicitly spelled out on the quarantine card, but it's not on this one (even though there's plenty of room). So that lends credence to the "once complete, always complete" interpretation.

TBH, it's all guesswork, and I think someone official would have to weigh in to define it once and for all

(again, so sorry about the original spoilers... I'm super embarrassed that I forgot about that!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought it was more spelled out on the Quarantine objective because you can easily Quarantine 15 Faded spaces during a single game and still not have 7 at the end; it just seemed like a common clarification.

I don't think it was done so for the Factories because it's just that much more rare.

Summary: The red text on the Quarantine objective is, in my reading of it, not an additional rule that is missing from the Factory objective, but a clarification that just isn't present on the Factory objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I'm in the "has to be true at the end of the game" camp.

In addition to the point that quarantine markers are much more volatile than vaccine factories, there's also the point that the quarantine objective is the first one which can be undone (as opposed to being destroyed) during play so it serves to introduce the new mechanic with a reminder rather than necessarily being a unique mechanic to the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
clivej wrote:
KaiHerbertz wrote:

Jean-Philippe Thériault is correct.

Incidentally, we've learned a lot with regard to wording/clarity from Season 1. Expect Season 2 to be tighter with regard to editing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.