13 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cracked the rulebook, have some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started reading and I have some questions. I hope I am not asking too soon, perhaps there are answers that I have not come across.

Q1) Rulebook page 6, bullet 6, says choose a number of cards "modified by the battle's hero skill (which is -1 for the first battle)." Adventure Comic Book 1 & Book 2, page 4 says "hero skill mods: -2".

Is the mod -1 or -2?

Q2) When do you use the Ally Cards? Rulebook, Page 3 says "Ally Cards. Certain battles allow the heroes to use Ally Cards. In Adventure Comic, Kickstarter Bonus Battles, page 2-8, I see not mention of the Kevin Eastman ally card. Similarly, pages 12-18, I can't see the Fugitoid card. I have not looked at where we can use other cards.

Q3)I have yellow, white and brown action dice. Which sets go with Casey, Splinter and April?

Looking forwards to the first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember the resolution of the -1/-2 issue, but it is a known issue that is supposed to be clarified in the fAQ/errata that is due to be out soon.

The exclusive ally cards aren't going to be listed in a specific scenario, just like the exclusive villains aren't. You can choose to add any of them to any adventure. Or create your own adventures.

Each hero card shows the sides of the dice that go with them. I think April is yellowm Splinter is brown, and Casey is white.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Quote:
I can't remember the resolution of the -1/-2 issue, but it is a known issue.

This is an error in the introductory game, so I would be nice to get a ruling soon. Where did you see it as mentioned as a known issue? I read all the rules posts here and did not see it.

Quote:
You can choose to add any of [the exclusive ally cards] to any adventure.

This is the exact opposite of the rulebook statement, which is that you are told in which adventures to use the allies. I assume the allies give you an advantage, so I am concerned about balance. Where did you see this mentioned? (Not only can I check the rational here, but more importantly, perhaps there is a treasure trove of other information with it!)

Quote:
Each hero card shows the sides of the dice that go with them.

Thanks! That's pretty obvious, like I said at the top, I should have seen that before bothering people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certain scenarios will grant the heroes allies. Sometimes they can pick from any ally they have available (see Book 1 Battle 2), or sometimes it'll assign them a specific ally (see Kickstarter Book 2 Battle 1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even notice that -1/-2 discrepency because I read the rulebook on a different day than playing. I'd use -2 until told otherwise as the first scenario is quite easy for the Turtles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:
Where did you see it as mentioned as a known issue? I read all the rules posts here and did not see it.

If you want to be at all up to date on information about this game, you need to be paying attention to the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMNTShadowsOfThePast/

Almost all communication goes through that fan-made page. That's where they talked about the FAQ/errata that will be made available soon. The -2/-1 issue was discussed there.

And Adam's answer is probably better than mine in regards to the Ally cards. On the other hand, I was considering giving the heroes an ally card in scenarios when the villain got to use mutated BB&RS. I haven't done it yet, but I was hoping those two advantages would cancel each other out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
donnbobhardy wrote:
I was considering giving the heroes an ally card in scenarios when the villain got to use mutated BB&RS. I haven't done it yet, but I was hoping those two advantages would cancel each other out.

Intersting idea. Might also toy with allowing the heroes to add one more ability card to their hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Certain scenarios will grant the heroes allies.

Thanks, I saw that in the rule book, passage quoted above.

Quote:
Sometimes they can pick from any ally they have available (see Book 1 Battle 2), or sometimes it'll assign them a specific ally (see Kickstarter Book 2 Battle 1).

I was looking for where to use the Eastman and Fugitoid ally cards. They are for the battles in the Kickstarter scenarios, but for the life me if I can't tell which ones or how to use them. Some battles, all battles, or only if you meet a specific objective?? I can't see it described.

-----------

I looked at the FB page, thanks. I really hope they put this information out in a different way. FB is hard to search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
The Fugitoid ally is given as a boon for winning the first battle of Rooftop Rush. I don't see anything about the Kevin Eastman ally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:
I was looking for where to use the Eastman and Fugitoid ally cards. They are for the battles in the Kickstarter scenarios, but for the life me if I can't tell which ones or how to use them. Some battles, all battles, or only if you meet a specific objective?? I can't see it described.

The Fugitoid is specifically used if the heroes win the first battle of the Rooftop Rush campaign. Kevin Eastman is never specifically assigned, but is an option whenever you're allowed to take a pick of whichever ally you want (and so is Fugitoid).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha ha ha! Now I see the fugitoid card right there in the win conditions. Thanks for pointing it out guys. I'm blind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
MarioFanaticXV wrote:
AGN1964 wrote:

The Fugitoid is specifically used if the heroes win the first battle of the Rooftop Rush campaign. Kevin Eastman is never specifically assigned, but is an option whenever you're allowed to take a pick of whichever ally you want (and so is Fugitoid).

Yes. But during the KS it was implied if not outright stated the Eastman ally was included specifically for use in that scenario, and it's the one he makes most sense in. Same with Fugitoid and Rooftop Rush. That's what my answer was based on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yes. But during the KS it was implied if not outright stated the Eastman ally was included specifically for use in that scenario

Well, these two cards are mentioned vaguely in the introductory text of KS scenarios book, without saying exactly which battles the allies are for, or how they are earned. I was expecting to see more clarity in those battles. Admittedly, use of the Fugitiod Ally Card is completely clear, I just overlooked it, so now my problem is only with one of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.