Any thoughts or comments on my project (below)?
Q1) Injuries? Should players get injured or should everyone be bulletproof?
Q2)Should the WSOP include Philadelphia Athletic teams to be a true WSOP or should it remain limited to just the Philadelphia Phillies franchise?
Q3) Weather? Should weather play a factor or all games in good conditions?
Q4) Seeding? Should the historic WS winning teams get a seed advantage?
16 Team Double Elimination Tournament
All Phillies World Series teams, all Phillies Playoff teams plus 2 teams that narrowly missed Pennants in pre-playoff years
All teams seeded by regular season Winning Percentage with Pythagorean Win Percentage (Expected Win Pct based on Runs Scored vs Runs Allowed) as a tie breaker within three groupings: Group 1 are the 2 World Series Winners, Group 2 are the World Series Losers, and Group 3 is the Redemption Group of teams that were in the mix but failed to reach the World Series
1. 2008 Phillies, WS Winner, .568
2. 1980 Phillies, WS Winner, .562
3. Macho Row - 1993 Phillies, WS Loser, .599
4. 1915 Phillies, WS Loser, .592
5. Whiz Kids - 1950 Phillies, WS Loser, .591
6. 2009 Phillies, WS Loser, .574
7. Wheeze Kids - 1983 Phillies, WS Loser, .556
8. Phour Aces - 2011 Phillies, .630
9. 1976 Phillies, .623 (.644 Pyth)
10. 1977 Phillies, .623 (.607 Pyth)
11. Quakers - 1887 Quakers, .610
12. 2010 Phillies, .599
13. Phold - 1964 Phillies, .568
14. 1978 Phillies, .556
15. Pillies - 1981 Phillies, .551
16. 2007 Phillies, .549
Each Series a 7 Game Series (2/3/2) with 1 day travel/rest days
All teams will start their next Series after 2 travel/rest days
Seeds are persistent and determine Home Field Advantage
Most games will be resolved using "Pennant Race"
All games involving the Final Four teams will be played using PLAAY's "History Maker Baseball"
How many seasons of AH Pennant Race do you have? I love the entire concept of this game and want to get as many seasons as possible.
I made a 1973 season using my own ratings formula, plus I developed some simple fringe player rules.
I am fairly certain that I sold them on ebay.
- Last edited Sun Apr 2, 2017 7:29 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Apr 2, 2017 7:28 pm