Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
The rules say that the last person to take the travel action goes first the next round.

Does that mean the person using the dice travel action space only or does the free travel through contract also taken into consideration when determining player order?

In the last game, i took the last dice travel action and moved 3 spaces and my friend completed a contract after me which gave him a free travel and the round ended, who goes to go first the next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
who ever use last the move option by using the 2 dice option of paying with gold goes first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kounabi22 wrote:
who ever use last the move option by using the 2 dice option of paying with gold goes first.

I agree. Gaining travel by completing contracts or by city actions or other methods does not affect player order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And in the addendum that explains the icons it's stated that moving as a reward from a contract isn't considered as having taken the travel action (neither are moving by using the 5-pip gold space, a city card, or Gunj Kokochin's power and one of the gift tokens from the promo expansion).

It's only when you move by using the section of the board above the contracts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mearendil wrote:
And in the addendum that explains the icons it's stated that moving as a reward from a contract isn't considered as having taken the travel action (neither are moving by using the 5-pip gold space, a city card, or Gunj Kokochin's power and one of the gift tokens from the promo expansion).

It's only when you move by using the section of the board above the contracts.

Incidentally, the first player token is also in the art around that part of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
[...]
Incidentally, the first player token is also in the art around that part of the board.

I think that's intentional, not incidental.

I suspect that the original rule was that putting dice on that action space was meant to:
1) travel N steps, and
2) take the First Player token from whomever has it at the moment.

Point 2) later became the equivalent, less fiddly rule: "whoever used the travel action space last in a round becomes the first player for the next round".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.