$20.00
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
This flew under my radar long enough that I missed the KS and the late pledge window. Funagain Games has this on their Essen games list, and I've been eyeing it. At the price it would be from them, it's almost half the cost of trying to buy someone's KS version.

So... how much would I be missing out on if I got the regular version from them? I know that some of the material is KS-only. Will the expansion be available for sale later? That's the main thing I will likely be concerned with. If yes, any idea on how much it will be?

I don't mind not getting all the bells and whistles; I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything that is key to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happymrdave wrote:
This flew under my radar long enough that I missed the KS and the late pledge window. Funagain Games has this on their Essen games list, and I've been eyeing it. At the price it would be from them, it's almost half the cost of trying to buy someone's KS version.

So... how much would I be missing out on if I got the regular version from them? I know that some of the material is KS-only. Will the expansion be available for sale later? That's the main thing I will likely be concerned with. If yes, any idea on how much it will be?

I don't mind not getting all the bells and whistles; I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything that is key to the game.

As I understand it, the retail edition does not include:

1. 2 victim minis + 2 scenarios
2. Witch's Grotto Expansion
3. 4 Extra Treasure Cards
4. Special Wound Card designed by Tristan Hall (designer of Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game)
5. Mogba’gh the Mad Shaman character

That is distinct from the "Gamer's Bundle" which, in addition to the above, also includes:

1. Hideout Expansion
2. Portcullis & lever minis
3. The World Book
4. Trait Cards

FYI, we have some of the KS Edition, and the Gamer's Bundle Edition available for pre-order in the BGG Marketplace.

**Edit to add: Just about everything may become available later (depending on sales). The only KS Exclusive was the Wound Card, IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Significant amount of content" is subjective. You are going to be "missing" a lot of stuff, but it is essentially expansion material. The retail game should feel complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Vermeersch
Belgium
ghent
Select..
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated above, you will be missing out on two expansions, some visual enhancement stuff (extra minis), two extra characters (part of the expansions), and breaking your back trying to lift the box .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for the information. I didn't realize there were two different versions (the "normal KS edition" and the "Gamer's Bundle"). That made a big difference in the price indeed. laugh

I decided to take The Game Steward up on your preorder of a Gamer's Bundle. I figure I'd rather have all the content since... well, gamer completionism and all that. meeple

Thank you all and I'm excited about the game. I love euros, dungeon crawlers, and horror-themed stuff. This looks like a terrific blend of all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still order direct from the Perdition's Mouth website with all the bells and whistles if you do decide you want to. Don't wait too long as stock is probably limited.

The Gamer's Bundle + the Mogba'gh Bundle (which will get you just about everything) with shipping to the U.S. was just over $200.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Wiesner
Germany
Düsseldorf
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Each of the two big expansions basically add one playable character and several new scenarios on two new maps. This adds a potential 50% to the amount of play time. If you're in for the gaming, they are well worth the money. If your motivation is more about the minis, the expansions don't hold much for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Crimson_King wrote:
Each of the two big expansions basically add one playable character and several new scenarios on two new maps. This adds a potential 50% to the amount of play time. If you're in for the gaming, they are well worth the money. If your motivation is more about the minis, the expansions don't hold much for you.

I'm definitely in this more for the game content than the minis. I mean, nice minis are a plus, but I'm more interested in the game than just the physical components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is great even with just the core. I am not sure if I ever manage to play everything.

Miniature's wise the expansions are not worth the money, but speaking of the scenarios each expansion has its own very distinct feeling and this means actual fun. And fun is more important than figures in a box I never use.

I am really happy I was there in time to be in KS and order everything available so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.